Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 28 year old RN, starting over as a pre-law student  (Read 873 times)

JosieBray

• View Profile
28 year old RN, starting over as a pre-law student
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »
Hello, other non-traditional students!

I am newly enrolled to finish undergraduate studies so that I can pursue a second career in law.  I was a practicing nurse up until about three years ago, when my life changed drastically.  I was injured by a physician in a manner that prohibited me from continuing to practice nursing.  After spending three years studying under my fabulous lawyer, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to leave medicine behind entirely and, hopefully, someday help others who are put in the same situation I was.  I am very fortunate to have my schooling paid for - it was written into my settlement - and to have a job offer waiting for me when I successfully complete my schooling. 

I have an ADN, so I will be spending the next two years at Evergreen State College in beautiful Olympia, Washington, where I will turn my associate's degree into a Bachelor's of Arts and Sciences in Medical Public Policy and Law.  I am glad to meet all of the other adults here wading through a sea of people younger, quicker, and waay more energetic that we might be!   ;) 

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 28 year old RN, starting over as a pre-law student
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
Good luck with everything!

I worked as a clerk for a medical malpractice firm and we relied on expert nurses all the time to wade through those nasty files.  I'm a lawyer now, but I steered clear of medical malpractice.  If you are committed to Med-mal, you're outlook will be a lot better because of your background and "free" (you paid a price) education.