Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer Options?  (Read 3418 times)

Rydney

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transfer Options?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
Sorry to spoil your day Jack, but there is actually a school that picked me up for the fall, as amazing as that is, and I fully admit it's kind of a shock. You see Jack, not everyone needs to be in some silly % of their class or on the LSAT to get a job as a lawyer, and nothing that happened in or before law school will matter to those of us with the ability to practice law, not just be super way cool neato law students... I have yet to see that pay anyone's rent. And some of us have lives outside of law school that require part time attendance, giving us credit hour per term issues. Law schools are pure evil and don't care, and I understand that, but I also understand that if I just get through the child advocacy job I have waiting for me will be worth it. Now, as I obviously don't need anymore advice from this site I'm going to leave you to your meaningless diatribe about %'s of this and %'s of that, and whatever other kicks you get out of having been on this site for 4 years-have a nice life Jack. The jack24 w/pick of Sutherland really screams little big man issues by the way, which of course will make you a perfect weasel lawyer at some firm somewhere. Do yourself a favor someday jack/24, have sex with a stripper, get in a bar fight, do something besides be such a damn weasel all your life. I feel sorry for men like you.

cooley3L

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
Seeing how as you havn't actually closed your account yet I'll go ahead and ask, what school you decide to go with then?

cooley3L

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
Sorry to spoil your day Jack, but there is actually a school that picked me up for the fall, as amazing as that is, and I fully admit it's kind of a shock. You see Jack, not everyone needs to be in some silly % of their class or on the LSAT to get a job as a lawyer, and nothing that happened in or before law school will matter to those of us with the ability to practice law, not just be super way cool neato law students... I have yet to see that pay anyone's rent. And some of us have lives outside of law school that require part time attendance, giving us credit hour per term issues. Law schools are pure evil and don't care, and I understand that, but I also understand that if I just get through the child advocacy job I have waiting for me will be worth it. Now, as I obviously don't need anymore advice from this site I'm going to leave you to your meaningless diatribe about %'s of this and %'s of that, and whatever other kicks you get out of having been on this site for 4 years-have a nice life Jack. The jack24 w/pick of Sutherland really screams little big man issues by the way, which of course will make you a perfect weasel lawyer at some firm somewhere. Do yourself a favor someday jack/24, have sex with a stripper, get in a bar fight, do something besides be such a damn weasel all your life. I feel sorry for men like you.
Upon reading the dissertation your provided, I have to add...... Jack actually gave mostly good advice. No need to flipout.

I am glad you found a school to go with. Did you get to keep your credits and "transfer" or when you say they "took you" do you mean you just get to start day one like everyone else?

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Wow.  I'm sorry to have insulted you so.

Most of the points you make are valid.  I can understand where you are coming from.  But the legal field is absolutely brutal.  Employers, due to their inability to effectively investigate candidates, depend largely on schools to weed out candidates. 

Jobs are just so tough to come by.  A state court in my area had a staff attorney opening.  The position paid under 45k a year, and they received over 120 applications from licensed attorneys.

I work as a "weasely" lawyer now, but it was tough to get here.  I was in the top quarter at a t2.  I was on the boards of law review and moot court, and I had great summer jobs during law school.     I sent out far more than 500 emails and 100 letters.  I applied for more than 100 open positions.  Through two years of networking and toiling I got three job offers.

I know for a fact that almost all legal employers only interview people they know and people who have an impressive resume.

So while I can understand why you would be upset at me, I still believe it is best for you, based on your prior performance, to fight like you have an uphill battle ahead.  You should keep that in mind as you decide whether to spend more time and money pursuing this particular goal. 

The legal field is tough, and it is full of countless lawyers who ended up in jobs they didn't want.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:07 AM »
Oh, and the Jack 24 thing has been with me since I was first accepted to law school.  It may be linked to some psychological problems I have, but it's more likely due to the fact that 24 was awesome back then.

I could change it to Jack from lost... but then it might seem like I have daddy issues and I'm running from responsibility.

Maybe someone current is better?  Perhaps Michael from Burn Notice or Harvey from Suits?   

cooley3L

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
Oh, and the Jack 24 thing has been with me since I was first accepted to law school.  It may be linked to some psychological problems I have, but it's more likely due to the fact that 24 was awesome back then.

I could change it to Jack from lost... but then it might seem like I have daddy issues and I'm running from responsibility.

Maybe someone current is better?  Perhaps Michael from Burn Notice or Harvey from Suits?
Not that you should feel the need to, but if you want you can change your avatar (and even your viewable name) I believe on this site.

jaycube

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
You seems like a problem child that is why you are getting school transfer once again you can request for the stay.

kjw5029

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »
You seems like a problem child that is why you are getting school transfer once again you can request for the stay.

WE HAVE TOP SCIENTISTS WORKING ON FIGURING OUT WHAT YOU SAID.