Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going Back to Law School.  (Read 1911 times)

merlin28

• View Profile
Going Back to Law School.
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Hi there. I was academically dismissed after my third semester in my prior law school. The two year ABA requirement period of staying out will soon lapse and I was wondering if there is a chance to get back into law school. During my time off I overcame health issues and personal issues as well. I applied to an ABA approved paralegal program and did well in it. I want to complete my legal studies and become a lawyer, but will I be given a chance to accomplish that? I am starting to apply law schools that have a spring start date, but do I need to get a letter of good standing even after sitting out 2 years? Thank you for your insight.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
Re: Going Back to Law School.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
they all going want know you attended law school already.

just tell truth.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
Hi there. I was academically dismissed after my third semester in my prior law school. The two year ABA requirement period of staying out will soon lapse and I was wondering if there is a chance to get back into law school. During my time off I overcame health issues and personal issues as well. I applied to an ABA approved paralegal program and did well in it. I want to complete my legal studies and become a lawyer, but will I be given a chance to accomplish that? I am starting to apply law schools that have a spring start date, but do I need to get a letter of good standing even after sitting out 2 years? Thank you for your insight.

What level of Law School will you be applying to?

cooley3L

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:36 PM »
You won't know until you apply. You may even be able to keep some of your old credits.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
I'm doing the same thing, too, Merlin28.  About 5 years ago I went to the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, after scoring a 166 on the LSAT and graduating magna cum laude, but I dropped out during finals weeks.  Probably that left a mark on my transcript.  And now I am going back to college to get a second bachelor's degree and apply to law school again.
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »
not same thing. merlin no 166.

cooley3L

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
I'm doing the same thing, too, Merlin28.  About 5 years ago I went to the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, after scoring a 166 on the LSAT and graduating magna cum laude, but I dropped out during finals weeks.  Probably that left a mark on my transcript.  And now I am going back to college to get a second bachelor's degree and apply to law school again.

why did you drop out if in the final weeks and in honors? Can't you go back to the same school now and just redo the last term you didn't finish?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
uh oh.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
Cooley3L, I bet if I were to harass USC hard enough then they'd let me back in.  But now I am thinking about becoming a land lord and having sex with my tenants.  :o  LOL!
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

HolmesBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
That would make the eviction process awkward, no?