Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: California School of Law Orientation  (Read 706 times)

calgal27

• View Profile
    • Email
California School of Law Orientation
« on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
Well, I decided to try California School of Law.  I had my orientation yesterday which took about an hour.  Talk about an impressive online program.  It took an hour to go through Moodle, which is the platform used to go to class.  It is complex and pretty awesome.  One thing that impressed me is that since we are attending online schools, we are rqeuired to keep a log of all our hours in class and studying law.  Cal. Law has a program where this is done electronically.  In fact, you MUST update your hours at least once a week, but would prefer daily. 

Before starting your first year classes, you are required to take a legal methods class.  The entire class agenda is online already.  All the homework that is listed in the first session must be done before class starts.  And let me say, it is not just a few assignments.  Brief 4 cases and do 2 exercises in CALI, which is another learning tool online. 

I was told that a student flunked his finals because he did not update his study log.  When he told the administrator that he had updated it, they could actually look and see when he logged into the study log and see that he was completely lying.  They seem to be very tough and require a lot.  I guess that is the norm for law school.  I am just wondering how in the world you can do anything else.  Law school is tough, but I do not recall Taft being as tough as this school seems to be. 

I am looking forward to this, but at the same time, with working full-time, selling on ebay full-time and trying to raise 2 teenagers, this is going to be a challenge.  Not to mention classes are 6 pm to 9 pm PST.  I am on the east coast so 9pm to midnight for me.  Yikes!

Nor-Cal

• View Profile
Re: California School of Law Orientation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.
A.A., B.S., and soon to be 1L.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Combat Veteran

Marauder

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: California School of Law Orientation
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
I believe you went to TLS, but dropped out.  Did this come into play when re-applying to other law schools?