Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A WARNING about Phoenix School of Law  (Read 9664 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: A WARNING about Phoenix School of Law
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
well, low and behold.

Jgillette

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:23:42 PM »
I attended Taft Law School for almost a year and it was the worst education I have ever received. I currently hold a BA and MS and did well in both programs. Attending a correspondence law school was a huge mistake. I owe 4k in loans and they also want $363 for leaving early. The assistant dean is a convicted felon and the instructors don't care about the students. Don't waste your time or money.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
taft also lousy president.

Dkinglaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
thanks will never recemend any body to that school

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »
what about president taft?

mrimmalawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
what about president taft?

I'm sorry, are you here to contribute something to my post or just be an idiot? If the latter, please visit www.reddit.com and talk until your heart is content.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »
julie treat your dipshit post as julie prefer.

try backing off caffeine.

jaycube

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 03:00:48 AM »
Every school have its own advantages and disadvantages so what are the warnings about this school.

anniebanani

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »
I know this is way late, but can we please talk about how Phoenix School of Law (now Arizona Summit...) is a private, for-profit school that costs at least $40,000 a year to attend, when right in the same city is Arizona State, a public school with much cheaper tuition and a much, much better reputation?

So basically, only people who can't get into ASU go to this reject law school. There's really no other reason you would attend this school instead of ASU unless you got a full-ride scholarship.

Seriously, PSL accepts EVERYONE - even people who get like, 140 on their LSAT! Being a lawyer is really difficult. I got a pretty good LSAT score and find myself decently intelligent, and seriously, it is really really difficult to practice law. You have to be pretty darn smart. So good luck to all the 140ers in their law careers.

I know, this post is mean, but I really don't think this school should exist.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
I know this is way late, but can we please talk about how Phoenix School of Law (now Arizona Summit...) is a private, for-profit school that costs at least $40,000 a year to attend, when right in the same city is Arizona State, a public school with much cheaper tuition and a much, much better reputation?

So basically, only people who can't get into ASU go to this reject law school. There's really no other reason you would attend this school instead of ASU unless you got a full-ride scholarship.

Seriously, PSL accepts EVERYONE - even people who get like, 140 on their LSAT! Being a lawyer is really difficult. I got a pretty good LSAT score and find myself decently intelligent, and seriously, it is really really difficult to practice law. You have to be pretty darn smart. So good luck to all the 140ers in their law careers.

I know, this post is mean, but I really don't think this school should exist.

Well, consider this: plenty of people at the T14 probably consider ASU to be a "reject" school, and wouldn't give an ASU grad the time of day. How many ASU students' first choice was the University of Arizona, but they didn't get accepted? I have no doubt that ASU is a fine school, but my point is that it's all relative.

Law schools like Arizona Summit exist for the reason you stated: not everyone is going to get accepted to ASU, or can quit their job for three years, or wants to work at a big firm. For those people a school like Arizona Summit might make perfect sense.

As for the cost, I think pretty much all law schools are overpriced and Arizona Summit's high tuition is comparable to other law schools. It's a legitimate criticism.

And yet Arizona Summit's bar pass rate and employment statistics are roughly comparable to ASU. Yes, ASU is better in both categories, but not dramatically so. Regardless of what someone gets on the LSAT, if they can pass the bar they are probably smart enough to be a lawyer.

My guess is that ASU and Arizona Summit are probably filling different niches. ASU (and UA) are probably supplying most of the big firm/federal/DA etc. jobs, and Arizona Summit is probably producing small firm lawyers, PDs, solo practitioners, etc.