Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Northwestern California University, School of Law.

<< < (2/18) > >>

jonlevy:

--- Quote from: Roald on July 11, 2012, 04:06:43 PM ---
In your experience, do most of the students at Concord plan on becoming solo practitioners? If not, does Concord help its students out with placement, or help you get in touch with alumni? Just curious. My own school had a pretty abyssmal career services office, we were pretty much left on our own.

--- End quote ---

I doubt any online school could do much in the way of job placement since its graduates are usually going to be disqualified from most public employment with non ABA degrees.  Online students are going to be solo or two person firm practitioners by default.

Nor-Cal:
Not necessarly, considering about half of all the Assistant District Attoney's here in my area all graduated from a local law school that is not ABA accredited. It may limit where in governement you can work, but it doesn't exclude you from it.

Maintain FL 350:

--- Quote from: Nor-Cal on July 12, 2012, 04:22:03 PM ---Not necessarly, considering about half of all the Assistant District Attoney's here in my area all graduated from a local law school that is not ABA accredited. It may limit where in governement you can work, but it doesn't exclude you from it.

--- End quote ---

Has that office ever hired an online grad, though? I've met lots of DAs, PDs, etc who are Calbar grads, but never an online grad. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but I've never seen it.

jonlevy:
You will not get hired if you are an online grad, you can however get an appointment as a conflict public defender if you can convince a judge you are competent. But you may need malpractice insurance.  Online grads are not going to be hired and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.  You either need a job lined up already or be ready to go it solo.

legend:
I'm sure there are people who work at firms from online schools. Do a google search and you could likely find someone.

OP is likely will aware that online-school is not going to open as many doors as an ABA or even Cal-Bar school, but you can get a job particularly in California in the under served cities if you pass the bar. Most people don't realize California has 40 million people or something like that it is an absolutely massive state and there are a number of Po-Dunk little towns with no law school within 3 or 4 hours of it. Or with only Cal-Bar (schools) I imagine this is why California created the Cal-Bar system to serve these areas.

Or I could be 100% wrong, but to say NEVER is a bit unrealistic. OP use your common sense and I don't think anyone will can rationally argue On-Line school is "BETTER", but as I always say on this board apply your own life circumstance and also remember what I or any other poster says could be very be 100% wrong so take it all with a grain of salt.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version