Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help me pick an online law school  (Read 7293 times)

jennid1234

• View Profile
Re: Help me pick an online law school
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »
we do have video's.  I'm in 2L now and have videos for class again.  For the first year classes, Crim, Contracts and Torts we had good lecture videos and had to take notes to review for quizzes and essays, plus we had a legal writing class which had audio lectures.  We have live classes in which the professors asks us to be prepared for class with case briefs, in class we are presented with hypos on the material, the professor's ask questions about cases, ask us for rules the courts addressed, issues presented and conclusions.  We type our responses for all to see and was not intimidating if we made mistakes.  So all in all, I'd say 1L was a good experience, think I should have studied harder. In 2L we have 4 classes plus studying for the baby bar, some took the first 6 months off to just study for the baby bar, I didn't.  I'll know in Aug.  if I passed, if I didn't it will be because I was not prepared enough to pass.  Concord's course work provided was sufficient although many of the students also accessed outside materials to pass, even me.  I feel my essays were strong on the test, I was exhausted around 4 on the multiple choice, yet I'm still hoping I got at least 80 on that.  If I did, then I passed. If not, I'll study harder for the October test.  On another note about the live lecture classes, if your schedule does not permit you to attend Concord archives them so you can hear them when your time permits. 

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
The Taft method has a track record and works for those who do not need their hand held and have a high tolerance for pain.  Do not expect As from Taft but your grad epoint is irrelevant, your goal is to pass the bar.

Concord has all the bells and whistles and is part of the Washington Post Corp. It is expensive but has all the extras, it also has a track record.

I'd say choose Concord unless you already work in the court system or have an outstanding memeory, in which case I'd choose Taft and save some money.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
I don't like Concord because they take multiple classes at once. I think it would be better to take one, or no more than two classes at a time. Concord doesn't have a video demo of the instructor teaching class like some of the other schools do. I also don't have the bachelors to get into Concord. I need like 7 more classes. So I might have to go to one of the other schools.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
I don't like Concord because they take multiple classes at once. I think it would be better to take one, or no more than two classes at a time. Concord doesn't have a video demo of the instructor teaching class like some of the other schools do. I also don't have the bachelors to get into Concord. I need like 7 more classes. So I might have to go to one of the other schools.

I'm genuinely curious about this.  Please tell me why you think it would be better to take one class at a time

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »

I'm genuinely curious about this.  Please tell me why you think it would be better to take one class at a time

Ask your mommy. I'm beginng to think there are a bunch of retards on this forum. I quit posting to this forum a while back and I am going to stop posting again. Too many uneducated people on here asking stupid common sense questions. I'm not responding to to stupid questions.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »

Ask your mommy. I'm beginng to think there are a bunch of retards on this forum. I quit posting to this forum a while back and I am going to stop posting again. Too many uneducated people on here asking stupid common sense questions. I'm not responding to to stupid questions.

Taking one class at a time allows a student to familiarize themselve with new concepts, very useful if you have no previous legal frame of reference. 

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »

For someone who has not been to any law school you are a regular fountainhead of advice to others.  Maybe get your BA first, then if you fail the FYB at least you will have that to fall back on?

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »

Your a bit heavy on the attitude for a reasonable question.

When you opt to follow a path contrary to that used by well over 90% off all law schools in the country (likely 100% of ABA law schools) you cannot be exceedingly surprised when others wonder why your drawing outside of the lines.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »

Yeah. Not posting. That's a good idea.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Taking one class at a time allows a student to familiarize themselve with new concepts, very useful if you have no previous legal frame of reference.

Well, yeah, but hey zeus marimba, how long do you want this process to take?  One class at a time?  3 classes a year?  It would take a decade to finish law school that way.