Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What prep course would you say is the best to prepare?  (Read 1248 times)

makaylalt

• View Profile
What prep course would you say is the best to prepare?
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
I need to kill my LSAT, I live in California if that makes a difference. I heard Kaplan was a joke.

Thanks guys!!

Morganb

• View Profile
Re: What prep course would you say is the best to prepare?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »
I have heard Testmasters is the best by far.

Unfortunately I live in a small city and cannot take a live class. Their online class isn't live either, just some instructional videos. Seems like I'm kind of screwed.

makaylalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
Awesome I will check into that.

For me I know I will have to travel like 30 minutes to get to itm, but thats okay! :)

when are you taking the LSAT

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »
Hi Makaylalt,

Congratulations on your decision to take the LSAT.

You will probably find some people who swear by one course and others who despise it. Same with books. Perhaps a reason for this is that we all learn differently.

So, how do you learn? When are you most alert? How much time do you have to study? How much of it should you devote to classes? How disciplined are you?

For instance, some people canít focus on studying, even when they have time. For them, traditional in-person courses may help. However, if they donít practice what they learn, they are likely to despise the course later.

On the other end of the spectrum are people whom can wrestle with books and emerge with wisdom. For them, time spent in classrooms may be better spent practicing past LSATs.

To find your best LSAT prep course or method, consider what you need to draw your best LSAT score. For instance, you may find that for you meeting with a tutor once or twice a month may yield more points than sitting in a classroom three-times-a week. Or you may find that without the commitment to attend classes you will procrastinate your preparation.

The point is to consider your learning style and needs before considering which LSAT Prep Course is best.

Best of luck.

Morganb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
Awesome I will check into that.

For me I know I will have to travel like 30 minutes to get to itm, but thats okay! :)

when are you taking the LSAT

I'll be taking the October LSAT. I'm going to start the online Princeton Review course at the end of this month I think. You get more 1-on-1 interaction with  their online live class. Good luck to you!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »
october test be hardest ever.

totaltest.milan

• View Profile
    • total test prep
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »
The general market leaders are TestMasters, PowerScore, BluePrint, and Manhattan LSAT.  They vary in price and approach, look into them and see if you can talk to people who've taken classes.  It also depends on the instructor that you end up getting.  Tutoring is generally considered a better option because of the one-on-one aspect (full disclosure: I'm a tutor) but it tends to be more expensive, in particular if you get a tutor directly from a company.  You can check craigslist for tutors for generally less money then getting one directly from the company. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »
golly...and you just happen be tutor!  go figure!