Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Back on the LSAT track  (Read 912 times)

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
Back on the LSAT track
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »
I took the LSAT in '05.  I got a 166.  I went to law school, but I dropped out.  And now I'm back on the LSAT track.  This time around, I hope to outdo my last performance and score a 170. 
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Back on the LSAT track
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »
any turnons, turnoffs?

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Well, Julie.  Back in '07, when I attended law school for the first time, I wasn't too impressed with the student body.  However, I was depressed back then, so perhaps my thinking was off balance.  Because I attended a top twenty law school and many of my fellow students were from nationally renown universities, I give the other side the benefit of the doubt.  Do you know what I mean?

In terms of the LSAT, it improved my critical thinking skills a lot.  Specifically, logical reasoning.  Now I can read and write more insightfully than before.  I started studying for the test in '03.  On the first prep test I took, I scored a 151 and hovered in the 150s for a while.  Eventually, after grinding the logic down in study for a year or two, I hit the 160 mark and plateaued around 166 before I took the test (although I scored in the 170s at times).  Then I got a 166 on the real thing. 

Did I answer your question?
USC Law Dropout '07

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
I think you made Julie blush.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »
Well, Julie.  Back in '07, when I attended law school for the first time, I wasn't too impressed with the student body.  However, I was depressed back then, so perhaps my thinking was off balance.  Because I attended a top twenty law school and many of my fellow students were from nationally renown universities, I give the other side the benefit of the doubt.  Do you know what I mean?

In terms of the LSAT, it improved my critical thinking skills a lot.  Specifically, logical reasoning.  Now I can read and write more insightfully than before.  I started studying for the test in '03.  On the first prep test I took, I scored a 151 and hovered in the 150s for a while.  Eventually, after grinding the logic down in study for a year or two, I hit the 160 mark and plateaued around 166 before I took the test (although I scored in the 170s at times).  Then I got a 166 on the real thing. 

Did I answer your question?

you kidding?  julie ask you about sex and you talk about lsat?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »
I think you made Julie blush.

that not make vestal virgin blush.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
I lost my virginity at 25 when I lived in Hollywood, CA.  That's after I had dropped out of the University of Southern California's law school.  I tried to lose it in law school, but it didn't work out.  I even drove to Nevada to lose it at a brothel.  The Moonlight Bunny Ranch.  But I didn't "get-it-up" with the woman I could afford there.  However, I stiffened up around another woman with a sexier body.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to pay for her. 

I hypothesize that losing my virginity helped clear my mind.  Because back then I couldn't focus in law school, and in general.  I was depressed.  Eventually, that turned around.

USC Law Dropout '07

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »
you get what pay for.

and julie certainly not want buy your used textbooks!