Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of admission  (Read 1750 times)

cerealkiller

• View Profile
Re: Chances of admission
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
Law schools look primarily to each applicant's hard factors (i.e., gpa and lsat score) to make their first cut. After that, it's all about each applicant's background, personal statement, and other soft factors. If your grades and scores are what you say they are, and I have no reason to doubt your veracity, then you should have no problem getting into any school that you happen to choose. If you can maintain your gpa and translate those practice lsat scores into an equally brilliant "official" score, the ball is in your court, my friend.

The addition of solid soft factors help, of course. So if you could somehow manage to cure cancer this summer, you'd be all set for HYS.  ;) Best of luck in your decision.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 10:52:24 PM »
If you have no need for my suspicion or my comments, stop responding. Good God, man. I still think you're full of it.

Please name 1 single person who has gotten a 180? Just one. Ben Stein? In practical terms- it just doesn't happen. 170s, yes. 180 not so much.  You know logic is learned, right?  If you are being honest about your score, skip law school and start an LSAT test prep company.

You reference specifically states 158 is top %20ish percent (top %26.4). I don't know what to say to you about that.  I'll gloss over the fact that its a commercial ad and not trustworthy (meaning they probably change the numbers slightly to scare people in order to seem more needed, selling more services).

P.S. Did you score a perfect score on the MCAT too?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Cvolz

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 02:29:17 AM »
thanks cereal..appreciate it...do you know if top schools look for certain things in particular?

and fortook.. the reason im responding is its the thread i started and its kinda annoying having you around.... i cant name a single person whos gotten a 180 because i know exactly one person who is in law school right now but i do know there are a bunch of reported 180's on law school numbers that seem legit and if you actually try to research how common it is instead of just assuming its impossible cuz you cant do it yourself it seems to be between 20-30 a year...google it im sure youll find the same i did. everything ive posted is true as if it werent i would not be able to get feedback that would be helpful...i dont care if you believe me or not....i would ask, however, that if you feel the need to tell me im full of it in order to sleep better at night that you keep it to yourself...im sorry if this makes you insecure or inadequate but theres nothing i can do about that

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
You seem to associate criticism with jealousy. Brings about another hmmmmm. Not only are you awesome, but I want to be you.  You must meet many people who feel that way because you are so awesome.  If you as the chosen started a cult, I would follow you.

You are full of it.  Ah, now I can sleep at night.

The myth of the perfect LSAT is lore in the LSAT world.  The LSAC takes pride over the fact that there are never any perfect scores.  I did look at lawschoolnumbers and yes, there are a few 180s reported. Are they legit? Idk, but you're right it does seem so.

Why can't you understand this: if you do not want to speak to me, stop addressing me. Certainly stop addressing me with more effort that you do of those being nice to your likely pile of crap. Damn kid.

Signed, the one who wants to be you.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Cvolz

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »
repeatedly calling someone a liar doesnt qualify as criticism. Shockingly i dont appreciate it and i really cant see any reason why someone would take this amount of time to repeatedly question the truthfulness of some random guys statements (using "facts" about 180's that im assuming you just made up cuz i cant find anywhere that says what youve been saying...do u have a link that supports you?) unless youre just really enjoying being a jerk or something about what im saying affects you in some specific way...so enlighten me as to why this is so important to you? im just random guy on the internet.... even if im completely full of it (which im not) why do care so much?

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 12:28:56 PM »
If you have no need for my suspicion or my comments, stop responding. Good God, man. I still think you're full of it.

Please name 1 single person who has gotten a 180? Just one. Ben Stein? In practical terms- it just doesn't happen. 170s, yes. 180 not so much.  You know logic is learned, right?  If you are being honest about your score, skip law school and start an LSAT test prep company.

You reference specifically states 158 is top %20ish percent (top %26.4). I don't know what to say to you about that.  I'll gloss over the fact that its a commercial ad and not trustworthy (meaning they probably change the numbers slightly to scare people in order to seem more needed, selling more services).

P.S. Did you score a perfect score on the MCAT too?

Ok I think the OP is trolling too, but surely you can't be serious.  By definition, someone has to score a 180 on every test.  Also, Robin Singh (creator of Testmasters) holds the world record for the highest number of perfect LSAT scores (11 times).