Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcript problem  (Read 1075 times)

wooden_shampoo

• View Profile
    • Email
Transcript problem
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Hey y'all - first post here.  I'm having trouble getting a transcript to an institution I attended MANY years ago.  The institution has searched their computers and their off-site storage for any record of me, but, does not exist.  Of course, my student loans are showing I went to that school.  I have already entered it as an institution on LSAC.  The state is not helpful (education department).  What should I do?  Does LSAC accept a certified letter in lieu of a transcript or should I ask them to delete it off my institutions attended list?  Thanks so much.

SaraJean

• View Profile
Re: Transcript problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
My initial reaction is that you should call LSAC and ask them the question in the same way you asked us.   As a non-traditional student who attended both "for-credit" and "sponsored-by" workshops and classes at several colleges (and kept lousy records because I wasn't doing it for the credit), I spent considerable time on the phone with LSAC trying to straighten out issues like this one.  LSAC was very helpful.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
Re: Transcript problem
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:01:02 AM »
SaraJean is right. LSAC is very helpful on the phone, they actually care about their support system :) If you don't want to give them a call, you can write them an email and explain your situation.