Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Combat Veteran Thread (Sound Off)  (Read 622 times)

Nor-Cal

• View Profile
Combat Veteran Thread (Sound Off)
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:17:35 AM »
I have always had a huge affinity for veterans of the US Military. I have seven generations of military in my family, and the last three generations served in direct combat. I'm always interested in meeting fellow veterans so I figured I start a thread for the 1% on the population who can call themselves combat veterans. Please take the time to introduce yourself.

Branch: USAF Special Operations Command
Service Dates: 2001-2007
Campaigns: Operation Iraqi Freedom, Camp Warrior, 2004-2005.
Law School: Undecided
A.A., B.S., and soon to be 1L.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Combat Veteran

Opie58

Re: Combat Veteran Thread (Sound Off)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »
Ah, combat vet.  There was a time (‘75-‘01) where we involved in “low-intensity conflicts,” not “combat” per se.  I served from ‘77 to ’98 in both the Army (MP/’77-‘80) and USAF (SP/OSI/’81-‘98).  Terrorist bombings were the mainstay when I was in Germany (‘82-’85), followed by Panama (’89), Philippines (’91), and Saudi (’95) before retiring.  Even though I never seen combat as that in Iraq & Afgan, we had our low-intensity stuff with casualties.  For more info, check out my LinkedIn page - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kirk-rains/47/b51/9a6.

BTW, thanks for serving.  We need vets like us to carry the sword & light the way for freedom & liberty.

Kirk Rains
USAF (Ret)
Served: 1977-1998
Conflicts: Germany, Panama, Philippines, Saudi Arabia
Law School: Northwestern California University School of Law