Law School Discussion

Dayton or Baltimore

Dayton or Baltimore
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »
Hi,

I got accepted to Dayton, with a scolly. OH is okay, but I rather live and practice in MD. I'm wait listed at Baltimore. Haven't heard back from all my schools yet, but got rejected by all the schools that I wanted over Baltimore so I'm thinking my choice is between Dayton and Baltimore. What should I do?  I'd rather go to Baltimore, but the seat deposit is coming up for Dayton and I don't want to end up no where. Thanks for and advice.

Re: Dayton or Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:31:51 PM »
Oh, what happens if you don't make your first seat deposit? Are you dropped right away?  I might try to wait out Baltimore as long as I can.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:58:47 AM »
Dayton for the first year and then the option to transfer in to somewhere else the 2nd year. Keep 1L grades up.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
Dayton for the first year and then the option to transfer in to somewhere else the 2nd year. Keep 1L grades up.

This is awful advice.  Never go into a law school expecting to transfer, since you have about a 90% chance of not getting the grades sufficient to do so.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »
listerine1, what happens if you don't pay the seat deposit on time? Isn't there an option where you could pay some penalties for not paying on time?

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:17:04 AM »
Yes this is for sure that if you play late on time they can make a penalty on it or there will be little more interest on the amount the best thing is to pay on time.