Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dayton or Baltimore  (Read 1237 times)

listerine1

• View Profile
Dayton or Baltimore
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
Hi,

I got accepted to Dayton, with a scolly. OH is okay, but I rather live and practice in MD. I'm wait listed at Baltimore. Haven't heard back from all my schools yet, but got rejected by all the schools that I wanted over Baltimore so I'm thinking my choice is between Dayton and Baltimore. What should I do?  I'd rather go to Baltimore, but the seat deposit is coming up for Dayton and I don't want to end up no where. Thanks for and advice.

listerine1

• View Profile
Re: Dayton or Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
Oh, what happens if you don't make your first seat deposit? Are you dropped right away?  I might try to wait out Baltimore as long as I can.

ekglaw

• View Profile
    • Evan Guthrie Law Firm
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
Dayton for the first year and then the option to transfer in to somewhere else the 2nd year. Keep 1L grades up.
Evan Guthrie Law Firm practices estate planning probate personal injury accident and divorce and family law. Visit his website at http://www.ekglaw.com 164 Market Street Suite 362 Charleston SC 29401 843-926-3813

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:39 AM »
Dayton for the first year and then the option to transfer in to somewhere else the 2nd year. Keep 1L grades up.

This is awful advice.  Never go into a law school expecting to transfer, since you have about a 90% chance of not getting the grades sufficient to do so.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:55:53 AM »
listerine1, what happens if you don't pay the seat deposit on time? Isn't there an option where you could pay some penalties for not paying on time?

jaycube

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:17:04 AM »
Yes this is for sure that if you play late on time they can make a penalty on it or there will be little more interest on the amount the best thing is to pay on time.