Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NKU or SIU????  (Read 672 times)

steve2207

• View Profile
NKU or SIU????
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
The two schools I am most seriously considering are Northern Kentucky University, and Southern Illinios University. Anyone ever went there, or know anyone that has? I am particularly interested in NKU.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Anyone had any good or bad experiences with these schools?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
I was coaching a mock trial competition a few months ago in Texas and Northern Kentucky got to the championship round out of 40 schools. They lost to Georgetown, but they were very good. The success of the students had lot more to do with the individual advocates opposed to anything related to the school, but I was impressed with them and what I saw nonetheless.

The reality is almost every ABA school teaches you the same thing and has connections around their local area. If you want to be a lawyer in Kentucky I would imagine University of Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, and any other Kentucky schools would be fine for Kentucky. Don't go to NKU expecting a job offer in Seattle or New York though. Every school does fine in their own region and I would think that would be particularly true in Kentucky because not many Harvard, Yale, Stanford, NYU grads are seeking employment in Kentucky.

Also remember what you read on the internet regarding law school usually comes from anonymous internet posters like myself who nothing about you or your own individual situation. Take everything you read on the internet with a major grain of salt because most of what you read is greatly skewed, misrepresented, wrong, or simply does not apply to you.  I think this is something few 0L's actually think about and take things on the internet way to seriously without realizing that what you read here can be posted by anybody despite whether they know what they are talking about or not.

This also applies to my post as well for all you know I could be a 6 year old typing this or a managing partner in a law firm and I could say I'm either and you would not know the difference. So please to you and everyone else that reads this discussion board or others regarding law school keep your eyes open and determine what is best for yourself.

Good luck to you.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NKU or SIU????
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
lol legend. Did you just say:

"regional school do well in their regions and don't believe everything you read on the internet"

in like a full page? (I know the NKU stuff is useful)

Not saying you're wrong, just very lengthy :).
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

steve2207

• View Profile
Re: NKU or SIU????
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
Thanks for the response