Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just over it...  (Read 1717 times)

Anti09

• View Profile
Re: Just over it...
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
Hey there.

Yeah, sort of given up.  Checking Chapman LSN's page...don't see too many people gotten off the waitlist.  And yeah, it really sucks to be waitlisted but I can't complain too much with my numbers.  Why are law schools so obsessed with numbers?  It just doesn't seem right...the numbers don't tell the whole story.

Yeah they should really be focusing on things like your personal statement and hopes and dreams since they are more indicative of your work product

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
maybe it just his grammar.  "gotten"?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
Too early in the game to give up.  Gotten (:)) of the waitlist chances go down after June. June, though, is when most schools really filter down their lists.

A grammar poke?  you can do better than that.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

metaphysics

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:24 PM »
Hey there.

Yeah, sort of given up.  Checking Chapman LSN's page...don't see too many people gotten off the waitlist.  And yeah, it really sucks to be waitlisted but I can't complain too much with my numbers.  Why are law schools so obsessed with numbers?  It just doesn't seem right...the numbers don't tell the whole story.

Yeah they should really be focusing on things like your personal statement and hopes and dreams since they are more indicative of your work product

Yes.  I believe that would be a better way to review an applicant.  Not just saying this simply because my numbers are not the best.  It doesn't make sense to put such a high emphasis on the LSAT and GPA.  Many schools say that they look at your entire application holistically, but I just don't feel that is the case at all.

metaphysics

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
maybe it just his grammar.  "gotten"?

Enlighten me if 'gotten' isn't a word.  Last time I checked it was in the dictionary.  If you simply believed it was a poor word choice on my part we have a much bigger problem here than just my grammar.  Don't act tough or witty on the internet, it is generally considered obnoxious and immature.  Your post had nothing to do with anything I've posted.  So please, spare your jokes for another day.  Feel free to reply with whatever remark that will satisfy your egotism.  'maybe it just his grammar'?  Really?  Have a nice day, idiot.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
Dooooood!!!
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
Hey there.

Yes.  I believe that would be a better way to review an applicant.  Not I'm just saying this simply because my numbers are not the best.  It doesn't make sense to put such a high emphasis on the LSAT and GPA.  Many schools say that they look at your entire application holistically, but I just don't feel that is the case at all.

FTFY

Schools separate candidates by numbers because raw numbers are better predictor of your performance in law school than any other variable.  Believe it or not, they do evaluate candidates holistically, but they do so after the candidate meets basic predictors of performance based on past work (GPA / LSAT).  I agree that you don't have to be a genius to get good grades, nor are they necessarily reflective of intelligence on the whole.  Know what they are reflective of?  Whether or not the student gives enough fucks to go to class, take notes, play the game, and get good grades.  If you did bad in UG or on the LSAT, you'll probably do bad in law school too, and not because you aren't smart enough of good enough - it's simply because you didn't work hard enough.  Being a lawyer is hard work bruh, law school is too, and there's no reason to believe that a candidate who couldn't cut it in UG will do any better in grad school.