Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???  (Read 616 times)

sksusa

• View Profile
Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »
Hey so I am from the Tampa area and I have been accepted to both schools. I know Stetson is the better school but I am torn on which to choose because I am factoring in certain details.

Stetson:
It is a tier 3 law school.
The school itself was much more impressive than Nova. Better professors, more social events, etc.
I do not like the location and I don't want to get stuck practicing law in the Tampa area, although I do have a few readily available connections in the area.
The attrition rate is about 4%

Nova:
It is tier 4.
The law school is just one building and seems dominated by the latin community. I was not very impressed with the school itself nor our tour guide.
I absolutely love South Florida and I want to live and practice law in Miami.
I received an $18,000 scholarship from Nova but the attrition rate is about 23% which makes me nervous.

Overall, I have no idea which school to choose and any advice would help. Should I go for the better, more expensive school in a bad location or the cheaper tier 4 school in the location I plan on staying at?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Southeastern v. Stetson???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
Did you apply to Miami or FL International?  What's Nova's attrition?  Looks like you've already made your decision.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
These are both awful schools that you shouldn't be considering for even one second if you don't have a full ride.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »
These are both awful schools that you shouldn't be considering for even one second if you don't have a full ride.

+1