Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southern U. Law Center or New England Law Boston???? PLEASE HELP!  (Read 506 times)

nstr

• View Profile
Greetings everyone!!!

I have recently been accepted to both the Southern University Law Center and New England Law Boston. I am at a loss on which one to pick that will be best for me being a minority and a female. Taking a year off to apply somewhere else is not an option and money is no issue. I've been doing research but I  am still at a loss. Please help me out with some information and opinions to help me make my choice! Help!!!

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Southern U. Law Center or New England Law Boston???? PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:53 AM »
The answer is pretty simple, really.

Would you rather work in Louisiana or Massachusetts, and what would you like to do with your JD?

SULC Stats:  (http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/clearinghouse/?school=southern)
33.3% are working in small firms (2-10 attorneys);
20.4% are either unemployed or solo; and
17.4% are working for the (mostly state) government.

NESL Stats:  (http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/clearinghouse/?school=newengland)
At least 20.5% are working in small firms (2-10 attorneys);
At least 20.5% are working in "Business or Industry" (i.e., returned to jobs they were in before going to law school)
At least 18.2% are unemployed or solo; and
At least 8.2% are working for the government.

I understand that you stated that "money is no issue", but, with all due respect , if you're acting rationally, money should always be an issue, no matter how much you have.  Did you get a scholarship, or are you eligible for in-state tuition, at either of the schools?

Good luck.  You'll need it!

nstr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
Thank you so much for your help. Comparing the numbers you provided are a big help. When I stated that money was no issue it was only because I've received full rides at both :)

cerealkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
Not to bust your bubble, but you should still compare the cost of each school. You might not perform well enough to keep your scholarship beyond the first year.