Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Process of Transferring From COOLEY  (Read 9656 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Process of Transferring From COOLEY
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »
Thanks everyone for your advice. You have given me a lot to think about. I agree that I shouldn't go to Cooley if I expect to transfer. The odds are stacked against me and I should be ok with spending the next 3 years there if I have to. I know people who do go their now and do like it. I also have heard some good things regardless of its reputation. I think I can be ok with getting my law degree there, and Ill probably go part time.

I guess I am leaning toward the unlikely idea of being able to transfer because I don't want to wait and take the lsat again: mostly because I don't want to have to start paying back my student loans from undergrad since I won't be enrolled in school (btw...I did get my BA, Nova Juris :P).

I need to be realistic about this decision and I will continue to do my research, including contacting specific schools about their transfer process. Basically its not impossible to transfer but just really really hard. This was very helpful and Im going to consider alot of things before I make a decision. THANKS

For future reference: Nova Juris, there is way to be helpful in a respectful way. You are really condescending. Just something to think about.

wow, the person who barely passed undergrad and can't master the lsat with cooley as their best option giving me life advise. Thanks. That's swell.

:-X

oh, come on.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for your advice. You have given me a lot to think about. I agree that I shouldn't go to Cooley if I expect to transfer. The odds are stacked against me and I should be ok with spending the next 3 years there if I have to. I know people who do go their now and do like it. I also have heard some good things regardless of its reputation. I think I can be ok with getting my law degree there, and Ill probably go part time.

I guess I am leaning toward the unlikely idea of being able to transfer because I don't want to wait and take the lsat again: mostly because I don't want to have to start paying back my student loans from undergrad since I won't be enrolled in school (btw...I did get my BA, Nova Juris :P).

I need to be realistic about this decision and I will continue to do my research, including contacting specific schools about their transfer process. Basically its not impossible to transfer but just really really hard. This was very helpful and Im going to consider alot of things before I make a decision. THANKS

For future reference: Nova Juris, there is way to be helpful in a respectful way. You are really condescending. Just something to think about.

wow, the person who barely passed undergrad and can't master the lsat with cooley as their best option giving me life advise. Thanks. That's swell.

way to nurture, dipshit!

says the longest running troll and source of useless posts. "hardest test ever",ect.  :P

Better to give them reality than the faux autism you post.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
Of course the LSAT isn't perfect, no test is. However, as you point out, the LSAT is a dependable predictor of academic aptitude (the exact thing it is designed to predict!). It stands to reason that in most cases a student with a high LSAT score will out perform those with lower scores. The LSAT is not supposed to approximate the law school experience, it just measures ability.

You're right. But what I took issue with was Nova Juris saying, "if you go, plan to graduate and plan to go part time since if your LSAT is under 160 you can't handle a 15 credit load and not be academicly [sic] dismissed." That statement is just plain ludicrous.

It's ludicrous to expect them to graduate, true. A third don't even make 2L. True.

prove it, frat boy.
I don't have to the ABA already has. Look it up for yourself if you even are smart enought to know what an ABA is.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
FutureLSStudent, if you're goal is to finish your law degree at a school other than Cooley then you'd probably be better off foregoing school in the fall and retake the LSAT in an attempt to score into the school of your choice.

As Roald pointed out, finishing in the top 10% is unlikely. In fact, you have a 90% chance of not finishing in the top 10%. The odds are stacked precariously against you. And in many ways, how well you do your first year is largely out of your control. The forced curve is brutal. Professors try to grade objectively (one can hope), but complete objectivity is impossible given the subjective nature of legal analysis. It's not as though every question has a clear right or wrong answer; there are many shades of gray in the law. A professor, for example, might mark you down because you chose to flesh out an argument that he thought was of little importance, even though reasonable minds could disagree as to its legal relevance.   

If you move forward with your current plan, you're placing your fate mostly in the hands of your professors and fellow students. Law school is fiercely competitive. It's unlike college in almost every imaginable way. You could conceivably spend 18 hours a day in the library and still end up with a pedestrian gpa that's well outside of the top 10%.

In my humble opinion, you'd be better off devoting the time and energy that you ostensibly plan to exert in your studies this fall to retaking (and mastering) the LSAT.

so now you agree with me. Awsome. Buzz must have faded?

Are you enjoying the anonymity of cyberspace, young Nova? Good. The world desperately needs more pricks. Keep up the great work!

kettle meet stove

I think what you mean to say is "kettle meet pot." The point of my question was that I doubt you're as equally bellicose in your face-to-face interactions as you are here. I've giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it's entirely possible that you're a prick all day, every day.

In case you are a prick of the perpetual sort, let me give you some advice. I know you've probably watched your fair share of television and likely equate arrogance with intelligence. But in the real world, you have to be incredibly brilliant for co-workers to put up with someone that comes across as condescending as you do on this forum. And judging from your apparent deficiency in grammar and spelling skills, I highly doubt your intelligence rises to any workable definition of brilliance. I've read two posts wherein you wrote "academicly" instead of "academically." A single instance could be written off as a simple mistake. But two separate instances is a clear indication that you really don't know how to spell the word. So if you think you're going to get any play out of this "holier than thou" attitude you exhibit on this forum in the "real" world, you're sorely mistaken. You might even get your teeth punched down your throat.

With that said, given your constant usage of a LSAT score of 160 as your baseline for judging someone's intellectual abilities, I surmise that you scored 160 or above on your LSAT. If you did that's wonderful. But it certainly doesn't give you license to sling insults at others. Play nice, dude.

A. Proves you know nothing about what you consider the real world. Your closest thing it to is the tv show and whatever you were told by others. Everyone with a broken leg tries to shout swimming advice from the side of the pool.

B.  Someone act different online? Wha?????

C.  Nice use of bellicose first sentence to try to do a subtle "See I'm not a moron like you said" bit. Very subtle, very clever. You can close wordsearch now.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »

Well I thought I would help you out by pointing out that you meant "advice" here (advise is a verb, idiot).  Seeing as you clearly consider yourself the next Einstein (and thus, understand the difference between verbs and nouns), you already knew that.  Good luck taking my order sir (with fries please).

nope. never did, just someone speed typing and not giving an A' because guess what lsat didn't care, bar doesn't care, and for law papers due or reports where they do count.........I care enough to check. I also don't kiss hookers on the mouth, doesn't mean I don't know how, they just aren't worth it, and neither are you.

I don't have to be Einstein (who by the who was a physist not an English Major and got friggin D's in school and didn't even comb his hair half the time.......)  but anyone who can't get decent grades and lsat shouldn't go to lawschool. Never said I was smart, just trying to keep the scissors out of the hands of the helmet cases doing laps around the pool.

Caveat: Me no need be smart to say you need meet standard to do.

cerealkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
FutureLSStudent, if you're goal is to finish your law degree at a school other than Cooley then you'd probably be better off foregoing school in the fall and retake the LSAT in an attempt to score into the school of your choice.

As Roald pointed out, finishing in the top 10% is unlikely. In fact, you have a 90% chance of not finishing in the top 10%. The odds are stacked precariously against you. And in many ways, how well you do your first year is largely out of your control. The forced curve is brutal. Professors try to grade objectively (one can hope), but complete objectivity is impossible given the subjective nature of legal analysis. It's not as though every question has a clear right or wrong answer; there are many shades of gray in the law. A professor, for example, might mark you down because you chose to flesh out an argument that he thought was of little importance, even though reasonable minds could disagree as to its legal relevance.   

If you move forward with your current plan, you're placing your fate mostly in the hands of your professors and fellow students. Law school is fiercely competitive. It's unlike college in almost every imaginable way. You could conceivably spend 18 hours a day in the library and still end up with a pedestrian gpa that's well outside of the top 10%.

In my humble opinion, you'd be better off devoting the time and energy that you ostensibly plan to exert in your studies this fall to retaking (and mastering) the LSAT.

so now you agree with me. Awsome. Buzz must have faded?

Are you enjoying the anonymity of cyberspace, young Nova? Good. The world desperately needs more pricks. Keep up the great work!

kettle meet stove

I think what you mean to say is "kettle meet pot." The point of my question was that I doubt you're as equally bellicose in your face-to-face interactions as you are here. I've giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it's entirely possible that you're a prick all day, every day.

In case you are a prick of the perpetual sort, let me give you some advice. I know you've probably watched your fair share of television and likely equate arrogance with intelligence. But in the real world, you have to be incredibly brilliant for co-workers to put up with someone that comes across as condescending as you do on this forum. And judging from your apparent deficiency in grammar and spelling skills, I highly doubt your intelligence rises to any workable definition of brilliance. I've read two posts wherein you wrote "academicly" instead of "academically." A single instance could be written off as a simple mistake. But two separate instances is a clear indication that you really don't know how to spell the word. So if you think you're going to get any play out of this "holier than thou" attitude you exhibit on this forum in the "real" world, you're sorely mistaken. You might even get your teeth punched down your throat.

With that said, given your constant usage of a LSAT score of 160 as your baseline for judging someone's intellectual abilities, I surmise that you scored 160 or above on your LSAT. If you did that's wonderful. But it certainly doesn't give you license to sling insults at others. Play nice, dude.

A. Proves you know nothing about what you consider the real world. Your closest thing it to is the tv show and whatever you were told by others. Everyone with a broken leg tries to shout swimming advice from the side of the pool.

B.  Someone act different online? Wha?????

C.  Nice use of bellicose first sentence to try to do a subtle "See I'm not a moron like you said" bit. Very subtle, very clever. You can close wordsearch now.

The fact that you think 'bellicose' is some particularly elusive and extraordinary word is quite telling.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »
what I am "telling" is that you think it is and used it as such due to your thoughts on it.

screw it, go back to sesame street. I hear cooley is opening a campus there soon too. Right after the one at Gitmo.

cerealkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
what I am "telling" is that you think it is and used it as such due to your thoughts on it.

screw it, go back to sesame street. I hear cooley is opening a campus there soon too. Right after the one at Gitmo.

:o

cerealkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »

Well I thought I would help you out by pointing out that you meant "advice" here (advise is a verb, idiot).  Seeing as you clearly consider yourself the next Einstein (and thus, understand the difference between verbs and nouns), you already knew that.  Good luck taking my order sir (with fries please).

nope. never did, just someone speed typing and not giving an A' because guess what lsat didn't care, bar doesn't care, and for law papers due or reports where they do count.........I care enough to check. I also don't kiss hookers on the mouth, doesn't mean I don't know how, they just aren't worth it, and neither are you.

I don't have to be Einstein (who by the who was a physist not an English Major and got friggin D's in school and didn't even comb his hair half the time.......)  but anyone who can't get decent grades and lsat shouldn't go to lawschool. Never said I was smart, just trying to keep the scissors out of the hands of the helmet cases doing laps around the pool.

Caveat: Me no need be smart to say you need meet standard to do.

Prove it. I implore you to write a couple cogent and comprehensible paragraphs regarding a matter of law. If you think you're up to it, briefly discuss the theory of efficient breach, its policy rationale, and how efficient breach differs from opportunistic breach.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »

way to nurture, dipshit!

says the longest running troll and source of useless posts. "hardest test ever",ect.  :P

Better to give them reality than the faux autism you post.

julie hear squeaking of gnat?