Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is the best way to review wrong answer choices?  (Read 1329 times)

MissJenna

• View Profile
What is the best way to review wrong answer choices?
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
Please help.  I seriously cannot figure out how to review the wrong answer choices after I take prep tests & individual sections.  I find myself obviously not learning from my mistakes.  I don't know how to best analyze/review them so I can learn from them and not make the same damn mistakes again and again.

I have read tons of threads on this here and other forums and none of the threads are really specific as to what one should do exactly.  All they say is to: "Thoroughly analyze your wrong (and right) answer choices."  Ok...that's great but how exactly do we do that???? I really believe this is A LOT more difficult than people make it sound.

Btw, I am specifically referring to the LR section.  But if you have any tips for the RC section, I will definitely take those as well.:-)

MissJenna

• View Profile
Re: What is the best way to review wrong answer choices?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
Still no one?????!!!  :( :( :(

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
ok, julie going help out here.  just keep it out secret, 'kay?

many would see your answer somewhat obvious.  you want understand why your answer wrong,  which best done by comparing with correct answer.

then ask self what seem explain, procedurally speaking, how got to wrong answer so can stop doing that.

now julie tired.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
what, nothing?  really?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
anyone?  bueller?  anyone? 

Henri_Allen

• View Profile
    • Estate and Succession Planning
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Have you considered any LSAT study guides?  I dunno if that seems too obvious but I tend to think the best way to get over a hurdle is to use the right tools so to speak.

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:36 AM »
Dear MissJenna,

You are right; asking someone to review and learn from their wrong LSAT answers assumes that he or she can figure out why their answers are wrong in the first place. That is similar to asking someone whom has never before tasted a beer to brew a beer, taste it, and then change the recipe to make it taste more like beer.

You asking how to analyze the wrong answers indicates that, like Henri and Julie mentioned, you may still benefit from learning core LSAT Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension skills. There are books that specialize in helping people improve at the LSAT Logical Reasoning section. You may also take an LSAT class or course specific to the Logical Reasoning section.

Last, you may benefit from learning and incorporating some new LSAT studying techniques. You can learn some effective LSAT studying techniques from this free article titled How Much Can You Improve Your LSAT Score or by looking around LSD.

I hope some of this helps. Best of luck.