Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ok. City University or Phoenix School Of Law  (Read 727 times)

jones1qd

• View Profile
    • Email
Ok. City University or Phoenix School Of Law
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »
I really need some help on deciding which school to attend. I have been accepted at both Phoenix School of Law and Oklahoma City University. Phoenix has offered me $6000 a year and OCU has offered $4,000 a year. For either school, I plan to transfer after my first year to one of the schools in Colorado. Does one of these schools give me a better chance to transfer over the other?

I will not have a car my first year and from the looks of it, Phoenix has a better public transportation system than OCU. I am transferring to be back where my wife is in Denver. Any help on the two schools is appreciated. Oh yeah, taking the LSAT again is not an option and staying at either school to graduate isn't unless they offer a lot of money. I'm really looking to see if Phoenix or OCU is a better option to start or are they both about equal as long as I perform and stay at the top of my class. Thanks for the help!

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ok. City University or Phoenix School Of Law
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
Don't do this.  You cannot count on transferring or being top of the class.  Its not an easy thing and not at all like undergrad- very few people pull it off.

Your approach is all wrong. If you got a scholarship, I guessing your LSAT isn't that bad.  Only go to a school where you feel comfortable staying. I know that may not be in CO, but you will have to compromise.

Both of these schools have strats in place to stop transfers out.  You will likely loose your scholarship too.  Gl, sorry to be a downer.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."