Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley vs Capital  (Read 9046 times)

Nova Juris

• View Profile
Re: Cooley vs Capital
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »
Thanks for the link. It applies to a NY school, and Cooley aims it's marketing at those with unquestionably lower levels of education and logic ability (low gpa, low lsat, less than a BA,etc)

It seems likes apples to oranges, especially since their ranking system doesn't just talk of employment stats like the NY suit, it makes it claim to be more prestigeous and better overall than the other schools too. Yes most gradstudents can see the opinion in the rankings, but they basicly market them to handicap children who can't think properly for themselves anyways. If they were marketing 170 lsat scorers with 3.75 GPA and Masters in Marketing degrees, then I'd feel different.

They are targeting those who they know will fall for bright colors and flashing lights. AAMPLE just makes it even worse. Just because someone "wants" or even asks for something shouldn't make it legal to give it to them. (volcano insurance in Iowa for the elderly comes to mind as a fair comparison)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
You are such an elitist dic.k  I hope you got a 170 LSAT to put down so many people so unabashedly. None of us can think as "properly" as you.  Aren't you the dumbass who called 2/3s of the population morons a few posts back?

I hope the system really works and isn't a system based on complete crap.  Look up the standard deviations for standardized tests- most have an accuracy of prediction of less than %1. And we all know how much you love the %1, wink wink.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2012, 02:49:36 AM »
Thanks for the link. It applies to a NY school, and Cooley aims it's marketing at those with unquestionably lower levels of education and logic ability (low gpa, low lsat, less than a BA,etc)

It seems likes apples to oranges, especially since their ranking system doesn't just talk of employment stats like the NY suit, it makes it claim to be more prestigeous and better overall than the other schools too. Yes most gradstudents can see the opinion in the rankings, but they basicly market them to handicap children who can't think properly for themselves anyways. If they were marketing 170 lsat scorers with 3.75 GPA and Masters in Marketing degrees, then I'd feel different.

They are targeting those who they know will fall for bright colors and flashing lights. AAMPLE just makes it even worse. Just because someone "wants" or even asks for something shouldn't make it legal to give it to them. (volcano insurance in Iowa for the elderly comes to mind as a fair comparison)

:-X
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:52 AM »

:-X

not be shy.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »
You are such an elitist dic.k  I hope you got a 170 LSAT to put down so many people so unabashedly. None of us can think as "properly" as you.  Aren't you the dumbass who called 2/3s of the population morons a few posts back?

I hope the system really works and isn't a system based on complete crap.  Look up the standard deviations for standardized tests- most have an accuracy of prediction of less than %1. And we all know how much you love the %1, wink wink.

less than a third will ever even get a BA. If being in the majority makes you right, then preschoolers and the new PhD since the areas with the largest population growths tend not to even complete what we would consider early elementary.  When in doubt, ask the baby who dosn't like cash back I guess. She must be our new overlord.

As the comment that set you off, how is it "elitest" to say that those who are not educated are not entitled to equal protection as the rest of the general population? If anything taking away their rights is elitest since the ones who benefit are the upperclass who are stealing from the disproportionately lower class who are being fed lies to give them false hope and put them into debt for the rest of their lives. I am saying to allow people legal protection, you are against it and yet I am the elitest. huh.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2012, 11:16:55 PM »
First you put down 2/3s of the population and insinuate anyone who got less than a 170 LSAT is "handicapped".

Now you wish to offer them your protection to make things "equal".

Are you actually basing this on Mien Kompf? Seriously?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
First you put down 2/3s of the population and insinuate anyone who got less than a 170 LSAT is "handicapped".

Now you wish to offer them your protection to make things "equal".

Are you actually basing this on Mien Kompf? Mein Kampf Seriously?

FTFY

Also, you might want to read the book before you ascribe somebody's philosophy as analogous to it. 

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »
I read parts of it only, true.  The comparison is not exact, obviously.  Isn't intended to be- just a general direction.

Never correct spelling again, its crazy lame.  Argue on the merits, not the details.  Yes, I spelled it wrong- So what? Doesn't change anything. 

I don't know what FTFY means.

Are you solicitus, back again?

GlenRPierre

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:12 AM »
Whoa, with those options you might consider one of the online law schools.   I think the quality is improving and the stigma is slowly disappearing.  My wife is going through the process now, and I'm learning a lot along the way. In addition to considering what you want to do long-term, think about the school's reputation in the local community.  They say the legal field is small, and boy does my wife have the stories to support that proposition after working as a biglaw paralegal for 6 years.

If you go the online route, check out Concord, St. Francis, and ALU. 

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
Whoa, with those options you might consider one of the online law schools.   I think the quality is improving and the stigma is slowly disappearing.  My wife is going through the process now, and I'm learning a lot along the way. In addition to considering what you want to do long-term, think about the school's reputation in the local community.  They say the legal field is small, and boy does my wife have the stories to support that proposition after working as a biglaw paralegal for 6 years.

If you go the online route, check out Concord, St. Francis, and ALU.

No.  There will always be a stigma attached to online law schools.

Don't go the online route.