Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TAP vs AAMPLE 2012  (Read 3553 times)

koley91

• View Profile
TAP vs AAMPLE 2012
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
Hey guys!! I'm really stuck between the Florida Coastal AAMPLE program and Widener's TAP.  Are they both generally the same, with the same chances of getting in? I already did one full year of law school with Concord and finished my first year with a GPA of 3.19.  I think this experience could really help and make these conditional programs slightly easier.  Any advice?

koley91

• View Profile
Re: TAP vs AAMPLE 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »
i need replies people!

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:11:10 PM »
Florida Coastal

koley91

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
why do you say florida coastal? is it supposed to be easier?
the way i thought of it was that at widener they will offer torts, legal methods, and civil procedure.  ive already taken torts and legal methods. so i should have an upper hand. and if there is a class curve then i ought to be successful........

dont you think so?
whats your reasoning?

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
Neither are law school.

Why waste your time?

What makes you want to do something so bad that you can't even get into cooley and yet still want to do it?
(Cooley is in Florida now, if even they won't take you, you need to look into the service industry)

koley91

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
ive gotten my criminal justice degree in honors and have been part of the police force and am pretty knowledgeable about the law.  when i took my LSATs my father passed away, my aunt passed away, and my father in law passed away.  family issues came.  i ran the family business and supported my family. since my lsats werent good enough i went to concord and still can continue IF i want to practice in cali for some time. but i thought hey why not try to stay around here.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
ive gotten my criminal justice degree in honors and have been part of the police force and am pretty knowledgeable about the law.  when i took my LSATs my father passed away, my aunt passed away, and my father in law passed away.  family issues came.  i ran the family business and supported my family. since my lsats werent good enough i went to concord and still can continue IF i want to practice in cali for some time. but i thought hey why not try to stay around here.

One year of Concord is about what those programs will give you anyways.

Answer: Retake the LSAT. (quick,easy, and cheaper) Why waste your money and more time of your life spinning wheels if you are telling the truth. You can retake it. Just do that. Why would you not consider that as your #1 option?

How low could your lsat have been? You only need like a 140 to get into cooley and you get a 120 for showing up to the exam.
If you need to take a program take an LSAT prep course. That would a better way to go.

koley91

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
i have taken my three times at it with each accompanied with a passing of a loved one. now i have the 2 yr waiting period.  i actually helped tutor the kaplan classes. i sent the schools i applied to info and proof of that as well and showed how i consistently scored 170's and 180's but that didnt matter to any of them. im not someone to just let go of my dream.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Aww man, Weidner or FL Coastal?  Neither is such a good choice.  If I were you I'd try to check the acceptance rate off the summer programs.  Some schools (like Mason) only accept a small percentage from there summer programs- its not a sure thing.

As far as between these two schools?  Weidner DE?  All the Coastal grad I've met...all of them, regretted going there.  Weidner DE has decent placing in DE.  Harrisburg, not so much.

I also think Weidener accepts a decent percentage from TAP.  Be warned, however, the attrition there is almost %50.  But FL Coastal has awful attrition too.

Don't do online law school, the chances of success with that is way too low.  But I have met successful Widner DE grads, quite a few in fact- there are opportunities in DE.

Sorry about you fam.  Gook luck.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

taxguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
Hi Koley91 My son took AAMPLE at Nova Southeastern. The courses were the same ones offered at the time at Widener and Florida Coastal which are Ngotiable Instruments and 4th amendemnt. Fourth Amendment actually is a lot more useful.

Essentially, all AAMPLE programs are very hard, very intensive, cruelly graded on a curve;however, they can give you a chance to get admitted into schools that you wouldn't normally get admitted to.  If you want to work in Florida, Florida Coastal might be better. Widener in Delaware.

However, with the above said, both schools have VERY poor placement and very poor cache. You would need to network and intern to have any shot of a job from either place. If you have any questions about them, you can post here, and I will try to answer general questions about AAMPLE. Good luck.