Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you watch series like Boston leagal or Good Wife trying to learn something?  (Read 3110 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
boy, girl, or yaya?
what does yaya mean ??

that otherwise male republican with miniature testicles, which most of them.  neither boy nor girl, identified by interest sending others fight wars they not willing fight.

sheesh.  next you probably going ask what henway.

ayperi

• View Profile
    • Email
boy, girl, or yaya?
what does yaya mean ??

that otherwise male republican with miniature testicles, which most of them.  neither boy nor girl, identified by interest sending others fight wars they not willing fight.

I....googled Tribbles and checked it out in Wikipedia. I think I have known it thanks;)
I never heard of Star Trek ever, so I did not get you when you talked about tribbles and yayas blahblah

andddd
"Hey dude! Do you know where I can get a henway?"
"what's a henway?"
"Oh about two and a half pounds."
it's an old joke.

right, each week on the civil procedure class, the teacher show us a joke about chaffing lawyers , they are all black humor which I can hardly get across  ::)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
You actually bothered to look up tribbles? You have never heard of Star Trek?  Wait, how old are you? How is that even possible?

Not everything mentioned has a quantifiable definition.  Yaya and henway, for example.

You're seeming amazingly two dimensional here, like a hiwoo. ;)
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

ayperi

• View Profile
    • Email
You actually bothered to look up tribbles? You have never heard of Star Trek?  Wait, how old are you? How is that even possible?

Not everything mentioned has a quantifiable definition.  Yaya and henway, for example.

You're seeming amazingly two dimensional here, like a hiwoo. ;)

well it was screened in 1966 and I was born in 25 years later, although I know it is famous until I checked out its chinese transformation just now ; ) , I think it is not that interesting for me.

two dimensional ? umm, do you mean what I said image my mind is two simple as you are three dimensional? 

by the way, who is hiwoo?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Image in you mind? That's 2 dimensional as well.  Too literal.

No, I meant 1 word = 1 definition (2 dimensions). Rather than conceptual understanding.  I made up the word hiwoo, but it still has meaning based on context (the third dimension in this case). The actual, literal meaning of dimensionality will stop someone from understanding that.

You were born in 91? Wow, guess you don' remember all the 90's Star Treks. What about Star Wars or LOTR or Beavis and Butthead?  All that pop culture stuff.  You haven't experienced any of it?  There is some good stuff now, but I haven't seen anything on the epic level in a while (ok maybe Beavis and Butthead isn't epic).

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay, Fortook, I just have to weigh in here. Beavis & Butt-head is definitely an epic show! Those were some of the funniest things I ever saw, bar none. B&B don't get the credit they deserve for being two of the best actors ever to hit the big time.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ha, did you know its back?  I saw last season (2011) and its as funny as I remember- mocking Twilight in their typical blunt and meaninglessly direct way- "I will fight for you until my heart stops beating, and then I will love you.  And then, I will still love you"- just ridiculous enough to mean nothing, but get the point across. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
boy, girl, or yaya?
what does yaya mean ??

I....googled Tribbles and checked it out in Wikipedia. I think I have known it thanks;)
I never heard of Star Trek ever, so I did not get you when you talked about tribbles and yayas blahblah

andddd
"Hey dude! Do you know where I can get a henway?"
"what's a henway?"
"Oh about two and a half pounds."
it's an old joke.

right, each week on the civil procedure class, the teacher show us a joke about chaffing lawyers , they are all black humor which I can hardly get across  ::)

julie bet you loads fun parties.

HolmesBoy

• View Profile
Okay, Fortook, I just have to weigh in here. Beavis & Butt-head is definitely an epic show! Those were some of the funniest things I ever saw, bar none. B&B don't get the credit they deserve for being two of the best actors ever to hit the big time.

Man, that's because Beavis and Butthead are not actors. Similar to the Real World, they're just getting filmed living the dream.

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I can get on board with that, Holmes.

Fortook, yes, I watched every episode. The one about asking Anderson for his daughter's hand was hilarious.