Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: broken laws  (Read 820 times)

talaina15210

• View Profile
    • Email
broken laws
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
I was stopped on I-85 in Greenville South Carolina by a Greenville City police officer. I was arrested and was not read my rights. At my trial they claim that the patrol car did not have a camera but I know for sure it did. There was a camera I did see it. I am now serving 30 years in prison. I was not speeding and the police followed me for a while before pulling me over. There was also an individual with me who was arrested with drugs and gave the officers a statement that they were carrying drugs and I was charged with them.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
Re: broken laws
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
I was stopped on I-85 in Greenville South Carolina by a Greenville City police officer. I was arrested and was not read my rights. At my trial they claim that the patrol car did not have a camera but I know for sure it did. There was a camera I did see it. I am now serving 30 years in prison. I was not speeding and the police followed me for a while before pulling me over. There was also an individual with me who was arrested with drugs and gave the officers a statement that they were carrying drugs and I was charged with them.

Is this meant to be a hypo? You are in Prison for 30 years? If so how are you online?

You are not required to be read your rights, it is not a get out of jail free card. Do not buy the lie.
It only protects you (sometimes) against statements you make without knowledge of your rights.

As for the drugs. If someone in your car had them then legally in many states you had them. It sucks but true. Didn't they give you a lawyer? Or (more likely) is this just some BS? Yeah I call BS.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: broken laws
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:57 PM »
oh, well said!