Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The 99% myth  (Read 4981 times)

Nova Juris

• View Profile
Re: The 99% myth
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Global warming has nothing to do with this. Of course there is global warming, wtf are you talking about.

How is a percentage an opinion. Is it your opinion that cooley has a 100% employment rate withing 1 year at top firms?

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »
Just a guess- you vote republican. 

Numbers don't lie you can't deny the math, solicitus.  There is no debate over whether the %1 exists, just what should be done.  Like global warming, there is no debate over whether is is happening or not- its quantifiable- you cannot deny the math.  The debate lies with why is it happening.

As to the amazingly cold hearted lack of empathy or the frighting inability to see anything for someone else's perspective, well we can leave that for later.

Ficken thoughtless "value" based thinking.  Please use what's tangible, i.e. math, not whether you think the corporate spending is bad?  Its just bad, mmmkay.  What some single fool did for lunch one day has nothing, nothing at all to do with a macro issue like this.

how is there any values in it? If anything you are trying to project your values into it. You refuse to see the numbers due to what you want to see hear and feel. You always tell others not to think based on feelings but that is all you seem able to do based on your values.

What is happening today, correct, all the food stamps and welfare and not paying taxes still going on this very moment, and the next, and the next.....

sorry to confuse you with more than one idea at a time, some people choke when they are given more than they can chew.

Tell me, if you can, how there is no bailouts for the poor? How them not paying taxes (or virtually none for the ones that do) and getting free money, free rent, free food, free medical, bankruptcy, and stimulus checks, unemployment extensions, etc does not add up to bailout?

You want to use your emotions and values, but try not to. Try to explain how it is not a bailout? You can't.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »

No Bailouts for the poor huh? Sounds like something I heard before......

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-3-2009/moment-of-zen---craig-t--nelson-on-glenn-beck

wow--you stop watching golf on tv long enough learn poor actually get food stamps and welfare?

that change everything!

putz.

proves bailouts. Period. (also bankruptcy and refunds for people don't even pay anything in, stimulus packages,etc)
Bailout for poor everyday. Anyone who says otherwise is worthy of a "moment of zen".

alert media!  alert media!  you truly just figured out that some policies subsidize certain groups?  like, um...public eduucation?  or highways?  or that college you pretend have attended?

what you missing, asswipe, is that subsidies of poor--not all subsidies for poor, by long shot--inherently reflect failure of capitalism, for whatever reason;  these people just not making it in system (perhaps because diseased or, say, only two years old).   what these damn people thinking, anyway?

now let's suppose someone from lower of middle economic class work for business or have own business that go belly up.  your republican masters going bail them out like bailed out wall street under gump and, to lesser extent, obama?   yeah, right.

you should think about taking high school civics course.  might do you some good.

p.s.  give julie's best other rich kids down at country club, eh?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
Is that a link to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart referencing Craig T Nelson on Glen Beck?  Who are you behind? The joker or the fools?

Is Glen Beck God?

Jon Steward tend to lean Demorat and even he says Nelsons comments were retarded and contradicted themselves (he uses the clip again on latter show as well)
I am useing it as example to show how obvious the BS of "no bailout for the poor" is.
Poor get bailed out every day. Average Joes too.

Would the world be better without banks to give loans that people need or without the Autoplants that employ them?

Sounds like that would hurt the poor more. The bonuses and trips they did with the funds were still BS I admit, but the idea of "no bailouts for the rest of us" is just a 100% idiot lie equal to the one of the rich somehow paying "less" taxes than everyone else which is also a 100% idiot lie since 40% don't pay at all taxes on get more back at years end than they paid in, and the 15% tax bracket is for investments.

There is no 99%. Never has been, never will.

Don't be so polarized. Of course there are idiots on both sides of the isle. Dosn't alter cold hard facts.

of course there 99%, just as there 78%, 45%, and 23%.  popint is what signficancve attach any percentile of income or wealth.

julie can see talking about richest of rich make you very nervous.  good!

better sleep one eye open, pardner.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »
solicitus you brave squirrel, you have a problem with analogies. You are arguing against the facts (math) based on a value- people should work for what they get and not be given anything or not waste "free" tax payer money.  Global warming arguments and fallacies just have the same logic pattern- that's all.

Saying the math is wrong- bold, aggressive and totally stupid.  The math says %99 of the population make less than 500k- are you saying otherwise? Wait, you use a value- people should only work for what they get, free handouts are bad. = the poor getting free handouts = the %1 are better because they work. As saying global warming is not happening- arguing against the math.

You always confuse me with your fancy learnin and stuff.  If you were a prophet, I'd join your cult, shave my body and worship you all day long with all the depth of my being.  You are the prophet of squirrels.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »
oh, so nj just that dumabass "sollicitus"?  well, if so, at least that one fewer dingbat in world.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
S/he changes his/her strat every time s/he changes his/her name.  But, the underlying foundational douceyness is still there.  The cycle will continue.

All hail the Squirrel Prophet.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
"strat"?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »
strategy, silly goose.

Also a word for edible panties. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
not turn out be much of abbreviation this time, eh?