Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The 99% myth  (Read 4865 times)

Nova Juris

• View Profile
Re: The 99% myth
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »
so when you don't want to give an answer on something you dance around it. Sounds about right.

All other BS aside, you still don't think there are bailouts for the poor huh?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40:03 PM »
Dancing? or elaborating a point with a similar situation or pattern.  You and analogies are not the best of friends.

To answer the question: do the poor get bailouts? A bunch of things need to get defined- what is a bailout?  Big money or small money?  Why give a bailout? To save one person's life or save a company from going bankrupt?  Who gets bailouts, after its defined?  Companies? Individuals?

I see where you are trying to go with welfare = a 200 billion dollar corporate bailout thing, but you jump so fast into it that no clear thought pattern is made.

Do the poor get bailouts?  Well by my definition, no- they're poor dude, its a mercy not a macro economics business decision.  Once more, the only people affected directly economically by the poor soul that gets food stamps is the poor soul who gets food stamps.  The micro versus the macro makes all the difference in this case.

Now add up all the poor into a macro- next step.  Still no good because its a system that we as a society run at a loss for purposes of mercy.  The "bailouts" you mentioned were strategic. Designed to prevent companies from collapsing, crushing macro economies- self preservation, not mercy.

By your definition or insinuation (I can't tell which you are trying to do) Haiti got bailed out- how many 10s of thousands died? Can't bail that out.  All you can do is try to help someone dying in the sand.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
so when you don't want to give an answer on something you dance around it. Sounds about right.

All other BS aside, you still don't think there are bailouts for the poor huh?

if they truly bailed out, why they still poor?