Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn vs. Hofstra vs. Fordham vs. CUNY  (Read 777 times)

ozone_

• View Profile
Brooklyn vs. Hofstra vs. Fordham vs. CUNY
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
Please help, I have three days to decide between schools noted above. Fordham would have been my top choice, but they gave me only 3K. Hoftra is giving 40K, Brooklyn 20, CUNY nothing, but its quite cheap, so it does not matter much.

I am interested in labour law, ultimately want to work with trade unions (mix of public interest law). Anyone who is in one of these schools or had to make a similar decision, would really appreciate your vices. Thanks so much!

jbean29

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brooklyn vs. Hofstra vs. Fordham vs. CUNY
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
I would pick Fordham, if I had a chance to go to a one tier school I would take it, but if not I would go to Cuny for super cheap.

Goodluck! update to what you pick.

ozone_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
Well, if picking solely on the basis of money, than Hofstra would be cheaper (as they are giving me 40K, so i would only have to pay 4,5). Or would you say that Hofstra is worse than CUNY?

jbean29

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
Where do you want to practice? If you want to be in Long Island and you are going for cheapest than Hofstra, but if the city and cheapest than probably CUNY.

You said you wanted to public law, if you are positive on that than CUNY I would go for CUNY.