Deciding Where to Go > Reviews, Visits, and Rankings

T4 Prospects...I have 1 thing to say....

<< < (2/3) > >>

sollicitus:
It's good that you are doing well. Kudos.

That being said a lot of what you said is apples to oranges.  The oil industry compared to law? Yeah both industries, the same way apples and oranges are both fruit.........

You doing well dosn't mean that all your colleagues will. Even if everyone you meet in your classroom is expected to do well, that is just one classroom, not exactly a double blind study. It confirms it is not impossible, but not that it is in anyway probable.

All that being said, life is what you make out of it. I am glad to see that you are making a decent life for yourself. Not exactly the $160k day one that I have seen people post as the old "average" for T1 grads, but still better than the $45k average that some T4's show on their sites as their average.

It is also all contingent on you passing the bar and finishing graduating. Most will agree that as a 3L it would be nearly impossible to fail out, and most pass the bar. But just realize those still also play in.

Good luck though. I am sure you will do just fine. Here is hoping your classmates do just as well.

Maintain FL 350:
$160,000 average for T1 grads? Laughable. Even among T1 grads the percentage who will go into biglaw (the only place a newly minted JD is gonna make $160K) is relatively small. People are so uninformed its amazing.

sollicitus:

--- Quote from: Roald on April 26, 2012, 07:11:26 PM ---$160,000 average for T1 grads? Laughable. Even among T1 grads the percentage who will go into biglaw (the only place a newly minted JD is gonna make $160K) is relatively small. People are so uninformed its amazing.

--- End quote ---

tell that to the T1 student who were crying about it. That is what they were saying the large firms starting pay was at. T1 grads feel they should get into "biglaw" and anything short of that is a waste of their time reserved for everyone else.

sollicitus:
This link (among many, many others with a quick google search) may help.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/02/15/big-law-associates-facing-2008-salary-cap/

Other firms, including WilmerHale and Milbank, also told the Law Blog that, for now, first-year salaries will stay at $160,000.

Note it was 2008 when made.

Maintain FL 350:
Some T1 grads will make $160k starting. I just find it hilarious that there are people who would consider $160k a tier-wide average. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version