Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Baby Bar  (Read 18057 times)

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Bar
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »
I think the biggest problem passing the baby bar is that your are still a baby lawyer

Stopped reading after this.  You're not a lawyer until you've passed the bar.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
I prefer "lawyer larva."
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Cher1300

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
Great IrrX.  I will definitely use that.  I had no idea it was so offensive. 

Opie58

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
I have no doubt that most of the people who pass 1L with more or less good grades would also pass the baby bar without much more difficulty.

Subjective, at best.  I would really like to see if it would be true.  I say ALL 1L students should have to pass the Baby Bar to proceed on to the next levels, no matter which school you attend.

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 12:27:35 AM »
I have no doubt that most of the people who pass 1L with more or less good grades would also pass the baby bar without much more difficulty.

Subjective, at best.  I would really like to see if it would be true.  I say ALL 1L students should have to pass the Baby Bar to proceed on to the next levels, no matter which school you attend.

Fair enough. The sad thing for me is that some of my best friends in 1L had to take the baby bar to continue, and I understand that passing it has been pretty difficult for them.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
My understanding was that the baby bar was only required for students who attend unaccredited schools, study in judges's chambers, etc. Who else would have to take it to continue?

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:07 AM »
BTW Opie, I think that making the FLYSX mandatory for all law students isn't such a bad idea. There were several people in my section who managed to scrape by with barely passing grades, and will possibly never pass the bar exam. Weeding them out after 1L would save them tens of thousands of dollars and a lifetime of frustration.

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 04:06:43 AM »
My understanding was that the baby bar was only required for students who attend unaccredited schools, study in judges's chambers, etc. Who else would have to take it to continue?

First-year students who don't achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the core subjects of criminal law, contracts and torts can be required to pass it before being allowed to continue.

Cher1300

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

First-year students who don't achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the core subjects of criminal law, contracts and torts can be required to pass it before being allowed to continue.

That is true for my school as well.  We are ABA approved, but students who cannot maintain a 2.0 after their first year will be dropped unless they take the baby bar.   Even then, I think are only allowed to return on probationary status until they can get a 2.0 for their next semester.

steavejohn1994

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »
what is the meaning of baby bar i dont know i think that it might be a bar for babies only and i want to say thatbaby bar means a bar for babies where only babies are allowd and the came there only for babies in a male baby have a female baby for thier recreation
thanks for listning my comment