Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If I Did It  (Read 857 times)

HolmesBoy

• View Profile
If I Did It
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
Has anyone read If I Did It by O.J. Simpson? The Goldman family published the book after fighting it out with O.J. and Nichole Simpson's family. After reading it, it most def seems as though O.J. did it.

sollicitus

Re: If I Did It
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
The book images looks more like "I did it" with no if in the title.

It my just be a image issue, since it looks like a small "if" may be hidden in the first word,

Regardless of that, I hope the Goldman family finally gets money out of it. Dummy OJ tried so hard to avoid paying them by working under the table that he "kidnapped" a dude by making him move an inch and stay on a bed for a minute and now is in prison for life. You can't get more retarded than that.

Henri_Allen

• View Profile
    • Estate and Succession Planning
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
You can find it on Amazon.com (amongst other places I'm sure.)  It is called "If I Did It" and the "If" is buried inside the I and is very tiny. You can kinda see it in his picture in the first post. It's that grey smudge toward the top of the "I".  It's got 3.5/5 stars so maybe it's at least a good read.

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:41:55 PM »
My humble opinion: it is kind of creepy to give these killers a platform.

For instance, all weekend long they were playing an interview of Jeffrey Dahmer on MSNBC. I bet unstable people like that Montreal Cannibal see these killers' rise in celebrity and figure they could do better, and round and round she goes...

One way to help stop the cycle may be for the public to stop leering.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »
money from book went to victims' families due to civil judgment.

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:56:53 AM »
Julie, thanks for bringing that up. However, that misses my point that perhaps we as a society are poorer by supporting an industry that sensationalizes depravity. Granted, I am all for freedom of expression and consumption; but I still wonder if we wouldn't be better off as a society if we stopped gawking at these sick murderers.

If we are interested in these people, perhaps we should study them with academic detachment and empathy instead of with self-righteous intrigue. Another way to say this is if we are going to interview these people, they should be interviewed by boring PBS instead of glitzy Access Hollywood or Extra!.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
. After reading it, it most def seems as though O.J. did it.

You had to read the book to come to that conclusion?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »
Julie, thanks for bringing that up. However, that misses my point that perhaps we as a society are poorer by supporting an industry that sensationalizes depravity. Granted, I am all for freedom of expression and consumption; but I still wonder if we wouldn't be better off as a society if we stopped gawking at these sick murderers.

If we are interested in these people, perhaps we should study them with academic detachment and empathy instead of with self-righteous intrigue. Another way to say this is if we are going to interview these people, they should be interviewed by boring PBS instead of glitzy Access Hollywood or Extra!.

hey, julie not buy stupid book.

all this kind obvious, no?