Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So Many Wait Lists!!!!  (Read 2784 times)

chelly21

• View Profile
    • Email
So Many Wait Lists!!!!
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
Okay so I have recently heard back from most of the schools I have applied to and I have been wait listed by my MOST of my top choices!!! I am currently wait listed at NYU, Virginia, Columbia, Chicago, and Penn. Do you think there is a good chance that I might get off of at least ONE of them before August? It looks like I might be left going to a school that I didn't put much consideration into...

I have sent most of them LOCIs but is there something more I should do?  :-\

lekastner

• View Profile
Re: So Many Wait Lists!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »
Hopefully, you're accepted to a "Target" Law School that you'll be "OK" with attending if none of the waitlisted schools come through!

As to the "Waitlist" question - each year is very different and school dependant. As you are aware, it depends on many factors and complex yield formulas, how many they initially accept, etc. So, in short  - no way of knowing.

I do know most Law Schools will not activate the waitlist until after the second seat deposit requirement. Then they know if they need to activate the waitlist at all. Each School does the waitlist a little different - some rank, some don't.

In addition to your sending your LOCI, make sure you send your final transcript with your degree conferred to LSAC which will forward to forward to your schools. This will prove you got a degree and hopefully, no senioritis!

I'm also waitlisted at some reach schools, but I'm planning on attending my target school to which I'm accepted. Hope this helps.

L

sollicitus

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
be happy, this is all good news.

Many people are chewing their nails to the point of bleeding in hopes on getting on just one list.

Waiting means they want you, just not yet. Multiple lists means multiple choices and increased odds of getting in sooner than latter.

You are a very lucky person, be proud.Try to stop stressing long enough to enjoy it. Trust me, once you actually start your JD you won't get that chance again for a long time.  ;)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »
^^ lol did you just say- "you're waitlisted, be proud and enjoy it"? Thanks for making me chuckle.

OP, there isn't much you can do to alleviate the worry.  It sucks, I know.  Its a little late to mention, but make sure you go to the open houses they offer- and make sure they know you went.  Some good news, maybe, most schools (as far as I know) start pulling people off the wl after the first seat deposit- which is around now.  So your choices may start to open up in the very near future.

Check lawschoolsnumberss.com to get a sense of when and even if getting in off the wl is likely.  Some schools accept a ton off the wl, others string poor hopefuls along to the start of fall only to say- opps sorry no room. If they rank the wl you can guess where you are, thus gauge your likelihood.

The anticipation and uncertainty is soul crushing.  I feel your pain. Good luck. :)
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

sollicitus

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »
^^ lol did you just say- "you're waitlisted, be proud and enjoy it"? Thanks for making me chuckle.

OP, there isn't much you can do to alleviate the worry.  It sucks, I know.  Its a little late to mention, but make sure you go to the open houses they offer- and make sure they know you went.  Some good news, maybe, most schools (as far as I know) start pulling people off the wl after the first seat deposit- which is around now.  So your choices may start to open up in the very near future.

Check lawschoolsnumberss.com to get a sense of when and even if getting in off the wl is likely.  Some schools accept a ton off the wl, others string poor hopefuls along to the start of fall only to say- opps sorry no room. If they rank the wl you can guess where you are, thus gauge your likelihood.

The anticipation and uncertainty is soul crushing.  I feel your pain. Good luck. :)

You are an idiot. The more waitlists you get the more chances you have to get in and sooner.

People get told No too.

If you can't handle being told to sit still for a minute before getting what you asked for, go back to the doctor get more ADHD meds and try not to pet the bunnies too hard.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »
Yes, I am the idiot. Indeedy.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

winchester buttre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
What happened fortook?  Are you pissed off at me now?  I actually like Dean; I just don't like his new endeavor.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »
I think you posted in the wrong place.  And I'd rather not usurp the OP's thread here.  Not too much help anyone can really giver her at this point, but you never know- maybe there is some maneuver I never heard of.

Ifc I'm not mad at you. This is just a forum, anger has no place here.  Sarcasm, banter, playful rhetoric- yes, but actual anger- no.  You can like or dislike whomever you choose, that won't piss me off.

I hope you're not solicitus, not anger, but whew- I felt like I was picking on a kid in Jr. High with that guy.

winchester buttre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
I think you posted in the wrong place.  And I'd rather not usurp the OP's thread here.  Not too much help anyone can really giver her at this point, but you never know- maybe there is some maneuver I never heard of.

Ifc I'm not mad at you. This is just a forum, anger has no place here.  Sarcasm, banter, playful rhetoric- yes, but actual anger- no.  You can like or dislike whomever you choose, that won't piss me off.

I hope you're not solicitus, not anger, but whew- I felt like I was picking on a kid in Jr. High with that guy.

Nah, you just dropped our discussion about howard dean.  I guess I was wrong.  I come on this board once in a while and you got a good sense of humor.  Good chatting with you.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
Haven't heard much about Dean, couldn't really hang in.  Last I heard he was DNC chair a few years back. I never even got to know his politics too well, that scream ended him quick. Wasn't very marvelous.

OP, did you get off a wl yet? Fingers crossed with Penn :).