Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to do for a month....  (Read 1072 times)

zap

• View Profile
What to do for a month....
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster :)
So right now I am taking an  "Intro to Logic" course as an elective and taking a ( 8 week)  LSAT prep class at my college (in GA). Doing okay - not great. I will be coming home (FL) early May and have about a month to study before I take the June LSAT. Question: what is the highest and best use of my time for that month? Self studying, joining a study group, taking another class, getting a tutor??? For those of you who have been successful - what did you do in the month leading up to your test?

Henri_Allen

• View Profile
    • Estate and Succession Planning
Re: What to do for a month....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
Much of that depends on your personal learning style.  For me, I learn better in groups.  Discussion and interactivity help keep me focused.  If I'm left alone to just study and read, I tend to get distracted by shiny objects. :) 

PotentialInABottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
defintely, it's easier to motivate yourself when you're surrounded by other people struggling to learn the LSAT.  Shiny things seem to distract me as well  :-[

NiceOne

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Preparation Services
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:44 AM »
Dear Zap,

Congratulations on your decision to take the LSAT.

How you prepare for the LSAT during your last month (or week) depends entirely on the type of student you are. For instance, some people get distracted socializing when studying in classrooms or groups. Others get distracted by TV, the internet, or hobbies when trying to study alone. The point is, you must identify when and how you get your best studying done, and try to study in that setting.

Perhaps more important than where and how you study is what you study. During your last month, you should ideally be done learning new LSAT techniques and instead be practicing what you already know. You also want to practice and establish your pace.

Last, you must decide if you are ready to take the test. Although this last suggestion may seem out of place, during your last month you should decide if you are ready to take the test and leave your mark. In other words, decide if you have reached the pinnacle of your LSAT prowess, and if so, go for it; if not, there’s always next quarter.

Anyway, Zap, hope some of this is helps. When you do decide to take the test I hope you knock it out of the park. Best regards and good luck.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
having trouble putting together longer paragraphs, are we?