Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how to read faster and faster...  (Read 1277 times)

Iching

• View Profile
    • Email
how to read faster and faster...
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
first time posting here.
i am not a native english speaker and for me the big problem is reading speed.
usually i can't finish all the questions in RC with 2 or more left untouched... and i just cannot read that fast capturing all the main points and structure.
wondering if you guys have the same problem, i mean, if native speakers would be stuck in the RC.

and if anyone has any some method to improve reading speed.

sincerely thanks!!!

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: how to read faster and faster...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »

This topic RE: ESL students was recently discussed somewhat in this thread: 
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/index.php?topic=4026954.0

IlLogicalKurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:52:20 PM »
It seems like this is something people struggle with (at least from what I have read). I see similar problems in my pt's, but at this point have essentially given up on timing myself until I feel like my grasp of RC q's, finding where the q's will likely be, etc. rises. Keep reading and stay positive. That's what I am doing, and I am noticing improvements.

Still miss more main point questions than any other question. I notice I get caught up in the jargon they testmakers use. any help with those in particular other than just saying "main point questions ask you to find the main point" ...

LSAT Freedom

• LSAT Prep Course Taught by Harvard Law Grads
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Freedom
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
The key with LSAT Reading Comprehension is not reading speed, but being able to find the information you need to answer the questions.  You will not do well on RC by mastering your reading speed.  In fact, "speed reading" is a trick or skill that relies on taking snapshots of text with your eyes very quickly.  This is not what you need to do to do well on RC.  Rather, you must read the passage carefully and mark specific information that will likely come up in the questions: things like important people, important concepts, the author's opinion, time frames, etc.  Then, when you answer questions, you can refer back to these markings and use them as guideposts to find the correct answer.

UtalksEl

• ICQ Messenger - 242786861
    • MSN Messenger - utalksrawl@outlook.com
    • View Profile
    • uTalks.od.ua Главный форум города Южного | Город Южны
    • Email
uTalks.od.ua Главный фо
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:58:23 AM »
uTalks.od.ua
Главный форум города Южного | Город Южный, Одесская область
Партнеры форума: Allyuzhny.com — Подробно о городе Южном, Бизнес-сеть vessvet.com
Разработка и поддержка: Newmind Group
Южный,Южное,Южне,Yuzhny,Yuzhne,форум,forum,город,черное,море,порт,опз,завод,тис,эллада,олимп,обсуждение,отдых,нгяртн,ysq,одесская,область,украина,объявления,продажа,покупка,аренда,квартиры,дома,отдых на море,отдых в Южном,отдых на черном море,порт Южный,ОПЗ,Одесский припортовый завод