Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake vs Emory  (Read 524 times)

HahahAttorney

• View Profile
Wake vs Emory
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
All things considered (previous debt, interest, COL, costs for significant other, etc.)

Wake Forest would cost me about 100k, maybe less. (Received scholarship covering most of tuition)

Emory would cost me about 160k, again maybe less.

This is assuming modest tuition increases of roughly 1.5k a year, but Emory seems to increase more and that's hard to predict.

I have no preference for the areas and am a geographically diverse candidate. One side of my family lives in the south, the other in the north.

Is Emory worth 60k more?

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
Re: Wake vs Emory
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »
Definitely if you would be interested in working in Atlanta.  Not as much so if you'll be looking elsewhere.

HahahAttorney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
For those who stumble upon this later,

I decided on Wake Forest for a couple of reasons. The extra debt was just too much from Emory and the difference in employment prospects isn't great enough for me to justify.

Wake Forest seems to give me a better chance of slipping into my target market, however hard that market is to crack. Either one has an equally low probability of getting me into DC or back home.

Either way I have to crush grades and be in the top 10%. I thought I had a better chance of doing that at WFU due to lower class sizes and less anxiety about taking out any more than a 10k bet per semester.

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »
Congratulations! and good luck.