Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

NOVA Aample, New England, Thomas Jefferson, Barry U, Phoenix?

Nova Aample Program
 0 (0%)
New England School of Law, Boston
 0 (0%)
Thomas Jefferson San Diego
 1 (100%)
Barry U Orlando
 0 (0%)
Phoenix
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Seat Deposits coming up, SOS please  (Read 403 times)

ababits

• View Profile
    • Email
Seat Deposits coming up, SOS please
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
I need to make a decision asap, and did not visit any of the following schools. Waitlisted at St. Thomas, and still waiting and praying for John Marshall in Chicago (hometown). Thank you.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Seat Deposits coming up, SOS please
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »
No easy answer to this question ever, but it looks like you are all over the map at regional schools? Since that is the case location should be the Number 1 consideration. None of these schools have national appeal, and you will likely end up working in Phoneix if you go to Phoneix. Boston if you go to New England. Orlando if you go to Barry so and so on.

As a sidenote there is no right answer to this question, it is a life altering decision, but use your common sense. If you hate the Cold, Red Sox, and Boston accents don't go to New England. If you have no friends in Phoenix, hate really hot weather, and think it is an ugly place you woudl never want to live don't spend 100,000 to study law there for 3 years.

If Illinois is where you want to end up you should apply to as many schools in Illinois as you can. Good luck to you.

ababits

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »
Thanks for the comments legend. I realize that location (and $) is what this comes down to for me, but I just wanted to know if any 1Ls have any insider advice from any of these schools. Obviously, Chicago is where I prefer to end up, but John Marshall is my only hope now. The other option would be transfer.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
True you could also put it off for a year and apply to only Illinois schools. NIU is a school you could probably get into and if Chicago/Illinois is really where you want to end up then Northern or Southern Illinois are schools you would likely be accepted to if you got into the others, and might be better for your purposes.

Just my two cents, but law school isn't something you should just rush into. It will be there next year. However, I might be reading your post wrong it just seems like you want to end up in Illinois and if that is the case it could be unwise to spend a ton of money to go to a regional school far away. NIU & SIU might also still be accepting applications if you haven't applied already. If you really just want to be a lawyer and don't care where you end up then those schools should be fine, but you will be probably end up living in that region for the rest of your life.

Either way good luck and remember I am nothing more than an anonymous internet poster who knows nothing about you or your situation so don't take anything I say to seriously.