Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help Me With Character/Fitness Issues  (Read 1571 times)

sollicitus

Re: Help Me With Character/Fitness Issues
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Meh, no there isn't, at least not in the absolute polar way you mean. Hence, juvie being different.  Where are you going?  He was frickin 12, you are really comfortable holding that against him? Judge away, but always always be tactful. 

The OP should know what's required before he states anything- so should you, so should I.  What illegal things did you do as a child and never get caught?  Assault, battery, recklessness? theft? Children don't know the rules yet, their brains haven't totally formed.  Something like %90 of children steal something at some point- potentially felony or misdemeanor theft.  Did you?  Will you disclose it?  Will it scar you for life?  Should it? 

Idk, condemning someone for what they did as a kid is too close to condemning someone for what they are thinking or some such Orwellian thing.  The OP needs to find the answer to what he is required to disclose.   

As usual you are off on a rant trying to view everything as an attack on yourself that needs defending.

No judging required, just always disclose and accept that others will view every mistake that you ever made in life, ever, to at least some level of scrutiny. For example if the same mistake was made again in adulthood that it will most likely be viewed as relevant since it will show a trend. EVERY choice in life matters, no matter how hard we try to dismiss it or try to pretend it dosn't matter.

Plus, C&F isn't just about choices it's about mental health, a juvie record can show the starting trends of an inability to control ones compulsions or of mental health issues. It would take an extreme example like torturing small animals. But ours is notto wonder why it may matter, it dosn't matter what we think. Ours is but to disclose, explain to them if it needs it, and let them do their job. If they say you are fit, then you are fit. If they say you are not, then you are not.

It is worth stressing again that MOST people go their WHOLE lives without being arrested. You seem not to grasp that. They don't judge the kid you were, they judge the human being that you are. Adult with a history both criminal and medical and personal that will be disected until they are satisfied. Covering anything up will show an inability to obey the rules and an inability to tell the truth. Trust me, better to disclose a murder conviction than to cover up an underage parking ticket.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
As usual? Who the F. are you?  I have never seen you before. But fine.

1) He was not judging me specifically (he can't, this thread isn't about me), but rather children, including the OP.  Making pretty extreme condemnations.  Things kids do is different and we do not know if relevant, yet.

2) Mental health? Be very very careful here.  The obvious and unnecessary generalization from kid stealing some thing, or whatever, to mentally ill takes a back seat to the apathetic insinuation that law violations are done by the mentally ill- so apathetic and condemning an attitude for the word "d bag" to be justly and properly used, D BAG. Not to mention a complete and total misconstruing of what kids do.  You ever get into a fight? Ever trespass as a kid? 

3) No one is talking about covering anything up. What?  We do not know if juvie records are included.  This need to be found out.  Its about definitions and semantics- what is a criminal record?  The definition changes depending on the state for C&F issues, I suspect.  I know the definition changes for criminal matters. Everyone, every living and dead soul has broken laws at some point. You, me, Teddy Roosevelt, Jesus- everyone.  The OP needs to know what is meant by criminal  record and what exactly that entails- speeding tickets? grade school disciplinary action? juvie record?

4) The in paragraph caps are extremely annoying.  Maybe even against the law.  Are you crazy?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

sollicitus

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
As usual? Who the F. are you?  I have never seen you before. But fine.

1) He was not judging me specifically (he can't, this thread isn't about me), but rather children, including the OP.  Making pretty extreme condemnations.  Things kids do is different and we do not know if relevant, yet.

2) Mental health? Be very very careful here.  The obvious and unnecessary generalization from kid stealing some thing, or whatever, to mentally ill takes a back seat to the apathetic insinuation that law violations are done by the mentally ill- so apathetic and condemning an attitude for the word "d bag" to be justly and properly used, D BAG. Not to mention a complete and total misconstruing of what kids do.  You ever get into a fight? Ever trespass as a kid? 

3) No one is talking about covering anything up. What?  We do not know if juvie records are included.  This need to be found out.  Its about definitions and semantics- what is a criminal record?  The definition changes depending on the state for C&F issues, I suspect.  I know the definition changes for criminal matters. Everyone, every living and dead soul has broken laws at some point. You, me, Teddy Roosevelt, Jesus- everyone.  The OP needs to know what is meant by criminal  record and what exactly that entails- speeding tickets? grade school disciplinary action? juvie record?

4) The in paragraph caps are extremely annoying.  Maybe even against the law.  Are you crazy?
I love how you think your own F'ing up makes you closer to Jesus. That is, wow, just wow.
The first and last sentences say more about your psycho than any non licensed health care provider ever could.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
Missing the point again. Closer to Jesus? How did you get there?

Since we there, yes F.ing up makes you closer to Jesus.  That is kind of the whole point- forgiveness, sin, AA, etc.  But, you seem to have a problem with main points, choosing to focus on things that are designed to illustrate a point rather than the point itself. 

Am I closer to Teddy too?  Am I closer to you? Can I dream I am? Wait, I just did. You're looking nice.

P.S. why do you keep mentioning mental health? You crazy? I crazy? Jesus crazy? Teddy crazy?  Ahh, I'm closer to Teddy, Jesus, and most importantly YOU- ahhh. We all crazy.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."