Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: acceptance reality check  (Read 481 times)

jessgallison

• View Profile
acceptance reality check
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »
Iím becoming more and more fearful that I wont get into a law school worth going to. By the end of my sophomore year only had a GPA of 2.8. I was working a full time job with a bioengineering major. I just hated it and was so overwhelmed with school and work. I moved back home with my parents and quit my job. I switched to a double major in history and legal studies and I have been getting As and A-s ever since.

My school says I will have a GPA of a 3.15. HOWEVER, I didnít realize that those 3 Ds I got and retook would count as well as the replacements. When all is said and done the GPA they will calculate is a 3.04.

Iíve been practicing for the LSAT and am currently hovering around 160 -165. I can try and improve it, but I donít thin im going to get a 170+ or anything. I think I could do really well in law school, and my last two years of college were great, but I just think my GPA is too low. Do you guys think I will even get into a law school that is worth going to? I donít want to spend over 100k to be unemployable. I donít want to be negative, but I want to be realistic.

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
Re: acceptance reality check
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
I don't think all is lost for you.  If I were you, I would look into T-2 schools with strong local reputations, that are the best or only law school in their market. There are plenty of them out there, like the state schools.  As a bonus, you'll probably be able to make it out of one of these schools with less debt.  If law is really what you want to do, you are still in decent position to chase that dream.