Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How important is the prestige of the applicants undergrad University?  (Read 784 times)

nimmick

• View Profile
    • Email
Out of high school I accepted a scholarship to play football at a less than desirable institution academically, however my grades are very high. My quetion was simply; does the prestige of my undergraduate institution weigh heavily in the application process to law school?

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: How important is the prestige of the applicants undergrad University?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »
Not unless it's a reputed diploma mill, which I doubt if they have sports teams.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »
I don't even think it matters if it is a reputed degree mill. Schools just have to report your undergrate GPA the substance of the GPA doesn't matter. You can have a 3.4 from in molecular biology from an Ivy League or a 3.4 in basket weaving from X State Weaver Institute and as far as the ABA & U.S. news is concerned your undergrad GPA is a 3.4 and the school can report the average UGPA of their incoming class is 3.4. You can see the obvious flaw in that, but it is the way the system works.

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
It doesn't matter at all. Good choice.