Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Regent Law  (Read 1544 times)

jbean29

• View Profile
    • Email
Regent Law
« on: March 23, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
I can't find any information on this school... which is maybe telling within itself, any feedback?

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Regent Law
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
I don't particulalary know anything about the school other than it is ABA approved, and supposedly very Christian. If you want to know actual facts about the school it is usually better to scope out the school yourself, and talk to lawyers in the area the school is located in.

I think it would be a wonderful school for someone that is very conservative, but you would have to fit their mold, which is why it is very important to understand a school's culture and not pay so much attention to rank, and anonymous internet posts. See how YOU fit in.

sollicitus

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »
If you are of the same faith as a faith based school, then it might be nice. If not, they might not ban you but it would be weird all the same.

I wouldn't want to go to a Sharia law school I can tell you that much.

borntorun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:33:17 PM »
Having been to their Preview Weekend, I have a decent feel for their program. You will obviously be most comfortable there if you are an evangelical Christian with your faith being a central part of your everyday life. Each class has a ten-minute devotional teaching by the professor or someone the professor appoints. Also, you will learn Constitutional Law with a strong emphasis on the moral foundations of the law.

However, we attended an actual class, (don't remember the class name, but the topic was European common law) and you wouldn't have been able to tell that this was a "Christian" school from the topic matter...it was simply European common law being taught: no slants, innuendos, or hidden agendas. The professor was a very good teacher and I found I was able to understand the subject even though the class was in mid-semester form.

I spoke to a 3L that was originally put off by the devotionals but got used to them, and didn't really have any issues with the Christian foundations of the school, she said they were basically just learning the same law that every other school was teaching. And there are students there who aren't of the same faith mind-set as the school's general population, so it's not like you HAVE to be "one of them."

sollicitus

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
It's good that they don't discriminate against other faiths, but why would you WANT to go to a school whose faith differed from your own (with so many other options out there to pick from) ?

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
I hear it has education style learning in a school type environment.

sollicitus

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
I hear it has education style learning in a school type environment.

are those meant to be different?  ???

CWFirm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »
I've heard some good things about Regent Law from a former student, but they have a pretty strong religious side to them and appreciated the atmosphere. As far as the actual academic side of things, it seemed pretty comparable in course work.

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »

sollicitus

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »