Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drop class? Graduate Transcript  (Read 444 times)

Law1L24

• View Profile
Drop class? Graduate Transcript
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
Hi all,

First time poster, thanks for reading. I've been accepted to a T100 law school that I really like and am ready to attend next fall. I was kind of just biding my time in my current graduate program because it filled in gaps in my resume and opened up a few job opportunities. I did well my first semester in grad school and sent along my graduate grades and informed them I was on schedule to receive my grad certificate prior to law school (didn't say it was for sure).

Anyway I bombed a pop quiz we had today and missed one of the assignments (didn't read the syllabus today  :-\). I currently have a 100 in the class but needless to say I'm freaking out, especially with the addition of a new assignment I'm really bad at. This certificate thing really means very little to me compared to law school, I'm just doing it to be doing it. Thus I am worried that I will get a poor grade and my acceptance will be rescinded. I'm not even sure if I am required to send my graduate certificate or if they even care since it doesn't affect my LSDAS GPA at all. I looked at my admissions schedule and it doesn't say anything about sending transcripts, still I don't want to be dishonest either even though I didn't make any promises about getting my certificate or getting all As etc. Should I seriously worry about this or am I just being paranoid as far as law admissions go?

Appreciate the advice,

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Drop class? Graduate Transcript
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
I have never heard of a law school dropping someone they admitted unless they did something criminal. The reality is if you graduated your UGPA & LSAT are locked, and they don't have to report what you did in Grad school. However, I would ask the school directly what they think you can call anonymously and tell them the situation without identifying yourself. In all honesty I couldn't see them caring your going to pay them $100,000 and you had numbers they accepted the first time around.

If I was in your position I would just get the certificate as you planned, and then prepare for school. However, I am just an anonymous internet poster so treat any advice you get on here as such.