Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MSU or Cooley?  (Read 3532 times)

conrada1

• View Profile
    • Email
MSU or Cooley?
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »
I just read on here (although it might have been dated) that MSU is EASIER?! than Cooley???  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

sollicitus

Re: MSU or Cooley?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:54 PM »
law school in general is hard. Don't pick a school based on where you think you can slack off.

Remember, it only takes one smart kid to blow the whole classes cuve anyways.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
Well said above and reality is no law school is really any easier or harder you pretty much learn the same thing. Also with Cooley academic dismissall is far more common than at MSU and I imagine that would make it more stressful. There are also many more students at Cooley so it is easier to get lost in the shuffle. It is possible you will rank higher at Cooley than MSU, but if you go in with the attitude of it being easy you will likely do very poorly. Law school in the first year is extremly difficult no matter what school you attend.

Basically, whether or not Cooley is easiier or harder should be on of the last considerations when making your law school decision. 

profc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »
If Cooley is harder it is likely because the prof/student ratio is lower (bigger classes, less individual attention) and MSU has a reputation of being more responsive to students.  The required classes and load are essentially set by the ABA so there shouldn't be a difference in the difficulty of the material.  Just the method and quality of how it is delivered!

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 10:57:24 AM »
Both schools will be difficult and there is a 50% chance you will end up at the bottom half of the class at either school.

Also you will learn the same exact things your 1L year reading Supreme Court cases in Torts, Civil Procedure, Contracts and Property.

Do not go to a school because you think it will be easier law school is hard and there is no way around it. Also even if one is somehow easier then it won't do you much good because you will take the same bar exam at the end of three years and you can have Straight A's from either school until you pass that exam your not licensed to practice law.