Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study abroad before law school?  (Read 679 times)

adolly90

• View Profile
Study abroad before law school?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »
I am starting law school in August at USF. I am currently a UCI student and was thinking about doing a travel study program in Cambridge England. It is a 5 week program with 2 classes. I'll be gone from June 24-July 28. Right when I get back I will have to move into my new place (once I find one) and will have orientation August 13th and start classes August 20th. Do you think this is a good way to spend my summer before law school? Or would you recommend just staying home and cooling my brain off?

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: Study abroad before law school?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »
I am starting law school in August at USF. I am currently a UCI student and was thinking about doing a travel study program in Cambridge England. It is a 5 week program with 2 classes. I'll be gone from June 24-July 28. Right when I get back I will have to move into my new place (once I find one) and will have orientation August 13th and start classes August 20th. Do you think this is a good way to spend my summer before law school? Or would you recommend just staying home and cooling my brain off?

As long as the finances of going are not going to be a huge burden, I say go for it. 

Two classes over five weeks isn't bad.  It should leave you with plenty of time to play around, explore the area and enjoy the culture with everything there you decide to check out.

It sounds like a fun educational and adventurous vacation.

When you have the time, opportunity and finances to explore the world, learn more and have fun in the process, DO IT!

FYI travel tip:
In England the cultural norm is to use a fork and a knife to eat pizza.
They don't eat it the way Americans typically do by just picking up a slice and gobbling it down.  ;)

sollicitus

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Fun vs No Fun........ (you decide)  ::)

You can prep just as well in betwen fun as you can at home. If you can afford it, go for it.

I wish I could afford trips for no reason.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
most broads not going want be studied.