Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Specialization Exams  (Read 2469 times)

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Specialization Exams
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »
My position was eliminated while I was in the Air Force Reserves.  Federal loans just weren't available for law school in 1988 and now that they are available, I accumulated too much in loans from Devry.
Angie

sollicitus

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
My position was eliminated while I was in the Air Force Reserves.  Federal loans just weren't available for law school in 1988 and now that they are available, I accumulated too much in loans from Devry.

I knew there were lifetime maxes  but didn't know that the loans didn't exist in the 80's.
When did they begin?

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
Student loans have been around.  It is just that they were very limited for law school.
Angie

sollicitus

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 07:38:31 PM »
Student loans have been around.  It is just that they were very limited for law school.

How so? When did that change? (excuse my youthful ignornace)

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
They can't pass or qualify to take the bar but have some sort of JD - we've given them a ton of suggestions.  No need to beat a dead horse.

sollicitus

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »
They can't pass or qualify to take the bar but have some sort of JD - we've given them a ton of suggestions.  No need to beat a dead horse.

I was asking a new question that evolved along the way.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »

I don't know exactly when loans for law school changed.  I just know that when I went to the financial aide officer at Mercer, in 1988, to replace the full scholarship I lost for getting only one A, I was told federal loans were not available.  Now, I notice, that loans for law school are available  in abundance.
Angie

sollicitus

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »

I don't know exactly when loans for law school changed.  I just know that when I went to the financial aide officer at Mercer, in 1988, to replace the full scholarship I lost for getting only one A, I was told federal loans were not available.  Now, I notice, that loans for law school are available  in abundance.

I think it's due to the US wanting to keep up with China, Japan,etc on the education levels. (or at least that is what my teachers always barked about growing up......they never mentioned how we are light years ahead of Afgani kids of anything, just how we sucked compared to Westernised Asian nations)