Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I hope this Board can rebound because I love it.  (Read 1299 times)

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: I hope this Board can rebound because I love it.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
If you see people banned or shouted down at TLS, send them a PM to invite them here. The information is good, with a dose of realism. Only the traffic is lacking, and that's easily fixed.

Not a bad idea (in theory) but how can you PM a Banned member?

Obviously, you can't. So that would go more with the "shouted down" part of my post. As an option for a banned user, you can send an e-mail, if it's public in their profile, which should still be visible even when banned.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

sollicitus

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
If you see people banned or shouted down at TLS, send them a PM to invite them here. The information is good, with a dose of realism. Only the traffic is lacking, and that's easily fixed.

Not a bad idea (in theory) but how can you PM a Banned member?

Obviously, you can't. So that would go more with the "shouted down" part of my post. As an option for a banned user, you can send an e-mail, if it's public in their profile, which should still be visible even when banned.

I just couldn't resist the chance to show how you can point out stuff here and not get banned for it.  Blue's still here and I think he tried to crawl under your skin a few times. :)

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
Bit the bullet and signed up there.  Trolling the ask a graduate forum, lol.

sollicitus

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
Bit the bullet and signed up there.  Trolling the ask a graduate forum, lol.

what do you consider trolling?

Try posting ABOVE the posts they will go INSANE, it's retarded but impossible for them not to kneejerk response into.

ohh...ohh.....mention cooley!  ;D

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:33 PM »
Hahaha... So far I'm actually being helpful, but I could see this devolving quickly ... lol.  I feel kind of sorry for them, actually ... I started law school just before all the doom and gloom economy, and everyone was all happy and positive.  Ohhhhh well.  Times is tough!

sollicitus

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
Hahaha... So far I'm actually being helpful, but I could see this devolving quickly ... lol.  I feel kind of sorry for them, actually ... I started law school just before all the doom and gloom economy, and everyone was all happy and positive.  Ohhhhh well.  Times is tough!

That's what I don't get about people. I see it in all trades and walks of life. People have a job they can get in a good economy and go "no I want to go to school, it is sunny outside so let's stay inside" and then when they can't find work that is worth having, they go "no I will not go to school the economy is bad, it is cloudy and rainy outside so I must stay out doors".

Are people just plain retarded?

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

That's what I don't get about people. I see it in all trades and walks of life. People have a job they can get in a good economy and go "no I want to go to school, it is sunny outside so let's stay inside" and then when they can't find work that is worth having, they go "no I will not go to school the economy is bad, it is cloudy and rainy outside so I must stay out doors".

I'm not sure what the point of this is in relation to what I posted ... situations are different across the board.  Back when I was applying to law school, I was in undergrad and didn't already have a job (and I had planned on attending law school for many years).  That was just before it was general knowledge that the legal job market was terrible / going downhill.  I was just saying it was nice that there was none of that and everyone was positive.  Now potential law students are facing all the negativity.  In some ways, this is good, in other ways it's bad.  The legal job market may just be worse than the general job market, too.

sollicitus

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »

I'm not sure what the point of this is in relation to what I posted ... situations are different across the board.  Back when I was applying to law school, I was in undergrad and didn't already have a job (and I had planned on attending law school for many years).  That was just before it was general knowledge that the legal job market was terrible / going downhill.  I was just saying it was nice that there was none of that and everyone was positive.  Now potential law students are facing all the negativity.  In some ways, this is good, in other ways it's bad.  The legal job market may just be worse than the general job market, too.

I was referring to the "doom&gloom" that you referred to. What I meant (and perhaps I should have clarified at the time) is that many people I have known (in and out of lawschool) have the mentality that I described in my post. The doom&gloom you mentioned made me think of that and them.

I agree most don't work (a real job anyways) prior to undergrad, in undergrad, or between that and grad school. As a result you get people who THINK they know the world but don't know jack.