Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I hope this Board can rebound because I love it.  (Read 1360 times)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I hope this Board can rebound because I love it.
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
I've always been a little bit of an outsider on law school discussion.  For the first year of my posting, I was commonly involved in controversial arguments against the masses.  My ability to argue logically with those I didn't agree with was undeveloped, to say the least.   Even though I never made many friends on here, and many people seemed to hate everything I stood for, I loved my time on this board.   Reading posts and picking fights got me through a terrible fill-in job before law school.  I received heaps of incredible advice for my first year of law school.  I gave (hopefully) a lot of advice to eager applicants during 2L.  Unfortunately, the board started to die, and it's a pity. 

The format of this site is better than its competitors.  The tone of this site is better than its competitors.  The culture of this board is far less snobbish than its competitors.

I don't know how, but I wish I could help to bring the Law School Discussion of 2007-2008 back.   I think it would do a lot of good for a lot of people.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: I hope this Board can rebound because I love it.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
maybe if you stop pointing gun at us...

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
Julie:  It is clear that I am not pointing my gun at you, I am pointing it at the attacker just to the left of you.  I'm protecting you from danger you can't see.

maybe if you stop pointing gun at us...

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »
This website helped me tremendously back in 2006 when I was applying to law school, and it was so active!  I remember there were too many threads to even follow.  I miss those days, as well!

sollicitus

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
toplawschools.com

Half the stuff said here will get you banned the first day, but if you don't mind that it has the activity level you guys are decribing.

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
toplawschools.com

Half the stuff said here will get you banned the first day, but if you don't mind that it has the activity level you guys are decribing.

That site is lame, though.  Everyone is all stupid optimistic and they close threads if people even hint at bickering or stating a dissenting view.

sollicitus

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »
toplawschools.com

That site is lame, though.  Everyone is all stupid optimistic and they close threads if people even hint at bickering or stating a dissenting view.

Yeah, been banned from there more than once myself by just mentioning that T4's might be ok or that online law schools even exist. Julie would have been tar&feathered in about one post there too. (that part might be ok, but this place sure enjoys the 1st Am more-without getting into the BS of their right not to)

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
With a name like toplawschools what else would you expect from the site. It is sad that so many 0L's take the advice on these board so seriously. There can be some useful facts, but sadly people on internet forums talk out of their ass or make assumptions based on things they know nothing about. Your tier 4 comment for instance toplawschools can not tolerate, but in reality they work for some people. It is all relative if someone wants only to be a big law partner at White & Case, Cravath, or some white shoe firm it would be unwise attend a tier 4 school.

However, many people don't strive for the Big Law partnership track many people simlpy want a somehwat intellecutally challenging job. A tier 4 can do provide this although the costs are outrageous a tier 4 school makes you a lawyer. I think the problem is tier 4 grads don't set their expectations realistically. They may go on to have successful careers, but it will be difficult to get your start.

Anyways, althought I am new to the board I do hope it becomes more active. I have enjoyed the few threads I participated in.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »
If you see people banned or shouted down at TLS, send them a PM to invite them here. The information is good, with a dose of realism. Only the traffic is lacking, and that's easily fixed.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

sollicitus

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
If you see people banned or shouted down at TLS, send them a PM to invite them here. The information is good, with a dose of realism. Only the traffic is lacking, and that's easily fixed.

Not a bad idea (in theory) but how can you PM a Banned member?