Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thomas M. Cooley Lansing Campus - Fall '12  (Read 2683 times)

CooleyLansingJPU

• View Profile
Thomas M. Cooley Lansing Campus - Fall '12
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
Hello all, My name is Jon, and I'm going to begin attending Cooley-Lansing this fall.

I'm posting because I want to get in touch with any other new students beginning this fall, as well as any alumni who can give advice or information.

Thanks, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

jsweeden

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thomas M. Cooley Lansing Campus - Fall '12
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »
Hi Jon,

I am also starting in Lansing this fall, 2012.  If you like to chat some you can contact me at jlsj2@hotmail.com.

James

howardhowardhoward

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
I am considering the Lansing campus. Whjat made you guys decide on Lansing as oppose to the other Michigan locations and the Tampa campus? ( am new to this discussion board, not sure if your thread replies wil show as notifications of some sort? lol)

jsweeden

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
Hello Howard,

I picked Lansing for two reasons, 1. I will be commuting and its the closest, and 2. It is thier main campus.
You donít receive notifications that I know of.
You can email me if you want.
James

leslawschooltutor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
Hi, everyone.  My name is John Mamaligas.  I run a law school tutoring business called Legal Education Services in Lansing since 1997.  I moved from NJ to Lansing, MI to attend Cooley in 1994.  I have been here for 18 years and know so much about the apartments, professors, and just what it takes to succeed at Cooley.  I have tutored literally over three thousand students and have an office with staff that does nothing but tutor law school students.  My main business is to help you get through Cooley.   If you want to chat about tutoring OR just chat about Cooley in general or the areas to live in, contact me through my website at lestutor.com or email me directly at john@lestutor.com.   I would be glad to help out.  The key point to getting through Cooley is starting off strong.  If you start off strong, Cooley is a great school for you.  It will provide scholarship money and a great education.  If you don't, it is really tough trying to learn how to get adjusted to the law school with the pressure of academic probation.  Being on a law school discussion board shows you're doing your research...a key first step.

cooley3L

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
Hello all, My name is Jon, and I'm going to begin attending Cooley-Lansing this fall.

I'm posting because I want to get in touch with any other new students beginning this fall, as well as any alumni who can give advice or information.

Thanks, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

You will enjoy it. Have a great time.

whyohwhy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
TMCLS will make you feel welcomed until you have an issue with anything. The administrators have a favorite saying and many of us have heard it   "You are just students". This is what they say when they raise tuition without consulting students. This is what they will say when you point out the hypocritical policies. This is what they will say when you try to improve services for fellow students.

Avoid the satellite campuses at all costs if you must attend TMCLS. Do your best to avoid any of the SBAs and those involved with it. Talk about the crap that rises to the the top. You will find over-compensation for idiocy in their bylaws and the fatally consistent need to turn checkers into a game of chess with every issue that arises.

Above all else, really think about how bad you want to become a lawyer before going here. Sometimes waiting and then trying again to other schools is the best thing. If I had to do it all over again, I would avoid Cooley and skip my dream of becoming a lawyer.

cooley3L

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
TMCLS will make you feel welcomed until you have an issue with anything. The administrators have a favorite saying and many of us have heard it   "You are just students". This is what they say when they raise tuition without consulting students. This is what they will say when you point out the hypocritical policies. This is what they will say when you try to improve services for fellow students.

Avoid the satellite campuses at all costs if you must attend TMCLS. Do your best to avoid any of the SBAs and those involved with it. Talk about the crap that rises to the the top. You will find over-compensation for idiocy in their bylaws and the fatally consistent need to turn checkers into a game of chess with every issue that arises.

Above all else, really think about how bad you want to become a lawyer before going here. Sometimes waiting and then trying again to other schools is the best thing. If I had to do it all over again, I would avoid Cooley and skip my dream of becoming a lawyer.
A fake poster or someone who flunked out. No one attends all campuses, so that alone is a lie.
Plus (if real) the line " and skip my dream of becoming a lawyer" says all that you need to know about this poster. No desire to have done a different path, just the desire to quit.
I've had classes with people like this, they tend to weed themselves out pretty quick.

OP, if for real, which campus did you attend and which year did you fail out? What is your job now and what would you have done as a career that you can't do now?