Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When will schools be stopped from doing this?  (Read 5013 times)

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: When will schools be stopped from doing this?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »
You can't pimp me out like that, Fortook. I'm old fashioned, and as chaste as a Romney. I'm like a Thomas Kinkade painting with legal training, and you sir have given me the vapors.

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
Oh I noticed that about you Duncan.  Its kool.  You will have to get used to defending CBEs. The law attracts too many insecure d.bags that think they can make themselves feel better by putting others down, I've noticed as well.

Bruh I'm long past the point where I get off from putting other people down (and anonymously on the internet, no less).  I get off by preventing people from making terrible life choices.  I had a lot of help in deciding where to go to LS and I'd like to pay the favor forward.  That entails yes, shitting on TTTToilets so people don't drop a quarter million dollars (!) on a degree that, in many cases, are more likely than not to be worthless.  And don't think I'm just a prestige whore - I fully recognize that there is a place and time to attend a lower ranked school, just not when you have to bury yourself in six digits of debt for a job that will almost certainly make you $50,000 / year or less.

Look, if I was really just trolling, why would I go to the trouble of providing statistics to back it up?

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »
They also fail to understand that law is a results driven industry, and that if you don't produce results nobody gives a s*&$ where you went to law school. You can only rest on those laurels for so long.

Yes, results are the true goal. But I must add that the attorneys who run my company's legal department(s) are all ABA grads. There are plenty of CBE-educated attorneys in the company, and some of them have risen fairly high up the corporate ladder. But to rise to the absolute top of the legal department of a national insurance company, results + pedigree is critical. For me, just becoming an attorney at all is the goal, even if it's the blue collar, unspectacular sort. Getting a J.D. and passing the bar will vault me far above my current colleagues and open many doors, but I have no delusions of grandeur: my bosses will always be ABA grads. And that's fine by me. They're my heroes anyway.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
lol great. My hoes are chaste as a Romney.  Is that why they never bring me any money?  Are they just making jobs for other hoes?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."