Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got put on Waiting List  (Read 591 times)

chong12

• View Profile
Got put on Waiting List
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
I got put on Waiting List by Buffalo and St. John. Here something that I don't get it: why can they just reject me directly instead of leaving me hanging in the middle of nowhere?

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Got put on Waiting List
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
Yep it is pretty annoying, same thing happened to me back on the day. The school I really wanted end up letting me in a full week into my first week of law school at another school. Then I was another schools waitlist for 7 months as well and that one rejected me. It is pretty annoying and there isn't much you can do other than make one visit and maybe write one or two LOCI's. I don't even know how effective those are.

Anyways, sorry about the waitlist, but looking at the schools your applying to I am guessing you are in N.Y. did you apply to CUNY? I think that is the best deal price wise in America for an ABA degree in a normal location. Just my opinion though.

chong12

• View Profile
Re: Got put on Waiting List
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
I applied CUNY, and still waiting for it.  I really want go to Buffalo, but if CUNY offers me admission, I will definitely take CUNY.  Will see how it goes.  Honestly, Buffalo or CUNY or St Johns are the same. Like those lawyers said if you don't go to the top 10s, then just go to the cheapest one.  The reason that I want to go to Buffalo because I wanna get away from the city, but I guess the hope for Buffalo is bleak.