Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wayne State or Michigan State?  (Read 356 times)

richardson2210

• View Profile
Wayne State or Michigan State?
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
I got into both. I'd like to work in Michigan with the option of going out of state. Tuition-wise Wayne is 24k, MSU is 30k, and thanks to my screwing around freshmen and sophomore year, I'd be paying sticker price for each. I know MSU has the Big Ten name, but everywhere I've read says that Wayne is better for staying in Michigan.

Thoughts?

ksquaredmi

• View Profile
Re: Wayne State or Michigan State?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
MSU.  I got into both of these as well, I won't be attending either but when I looked a little more deeply into their offerings MSU seems like the better bet.  They're moving up in the rankings, and I think ultimately will end up being the more prestigious of the two because of it's "Big Ten" school status.  I was impressed with how friendly the staff and students of MSU seemed at a mixer I attended; there was a lot of camaraderie and there seemed to be a genuine interest from alums to help other alums.  I felt like a lot of the Wayne materials just talk about how cheap they are, and not the school's assets.  Additionally, living right near Detroit I've had the opportunity to ask some Wayne Law students what they think of the school and they have all just said, "Well, it's cheap".  Good luck and hope that helps a bit!  I should add one caveat though, I think law school, graduate school, any sort of schooling is ultimately what you make of it!